Do you think Saudi Arabia can be a good multinational Country ?

Greetings All Expat..

I hope you are doing fine..:cool:

There have been many questions in my mind for a long time.

I have traveled to many places in the world. Some places are very considered as multinational places,, for example, London.
London can be considered as the most multinational city in the world. there are so many people from different nationalities and races. About 60% of London's population is from other places.

So it is so obvious that London is a place that any one can live in easily.

I always thought of Saudi Arabia as "undesirable" country for foreigners. (For living, not for Salary or great offers).

But I found some people really like it and other people really want to come to Saudi Arabia (Specially Muslims for certain reasons)..

So my question is, do you think Saudi Arabia is an easy place to live in ?

Don't you think you made a great job to adapt your self with this country?

Do you think other regular people can adapt themselves here ?

And if you have similar job offer from another country, would you choose Saudi Arabia?

For non Muslims:
Do you think it would be easier to live in Saudi Arabia if you are a Muslim ?

For Muslims:
Do you think you are not treated well because of some bureaucracy ?  Do you face racism ?

I always wanted to know others' perceptions about my country,, specially those who lived inside it...

I hope I didn't bother you with these thoughts ..

Thanks all

Hi Gonna,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for such thought provoking questions!

My personal opinion is that Saudia is not a great international country nor can it be until it actually:

1. welcomes newcomers (government makes it very difficult for people to come here); and, 2. treats all peoples equally.

We touched on some of these issues extensively months ago.  Please check this link (some good info here, I think):

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=18207&p=1

i agree, it is not and it wont be, wont ever match UAE or other countries. it can be, but only if they decide to give nationality to desiring expats on merits, and let them invest here, do business with full ownership and own properties. also if they remove restrictions on women driving, closure of shops at prayer times and let the women choose dress....

Alliecat

Thanx A lot for the link ,, I really got a good image "but still not complete"...

Valor123

I appreciate your reply,, thank you

-----------------------

Note:
Here my questions are not about Saudi Arabia,, maybe the introduction and the title made you confused,,
Here I am asking about your personal experience ,, the adaption, the hardness , how strong you must be to be able to live here,,

Gonna,

It's a really iteresting question that your asking and I think that most expats would say that it's not easy to live in Saudi. Just look at the number of posts on Iqama, Family Visas, Driving Lisence etc..... however;

There is bureacrasy whever one goes and I think that Saudi is making massive leaps forward in modenizing itself but this process cannot happen overnight without massive problems. Steady andmeasured change is the best way to produce real and lasting acceptance.

I also respect certain view points that say "not everything in other countries is necissarily desirable here"

Saudi will never be a good "international country".

Never.  They can't even get along with themselves.

Here comes the CRUNCH:

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidZAWYA … adh%20cuts

I just Wanna be more clear...

I know all about Saudi Arabia and how it is not good for others,,

Here I just want to know your answers about my questions posted above..

I want to know about your lives here,, the adaption ..

it is about you in here, the environment, the lifestyle,
not about Saudi Arabia in general, not about getting visas,,,,
it is about personal experience rather than generalization

Saudi will never be an international country it could be worse place ever not for just expatriate but for women too, i am my self being treated like non-Saudi for long of my life can i say i feel like i am expatriate even though i live in my country also its contradiction in everything that from my experience sorry no compare between Saudi and UAE!

no i am not traitor to my country i am just brave to say the truth, are you?