Moving to Dubai

my domestic partner has a job opportunity in Dubai as an air traffic controller. He will be making approx $130,000 per year us dollars. I was curious about living costs on that income, I'm hoping to not have to work and he would have to pay around $1000 per month for my bills. Would this b possible? I am a registered nurse here in California, also curious if nursing would b a good job there. Also, would it b a problem my partner and I r not married?

Yes that's a good salary, but how much you can save depends on the rest of the contract. Is accommodation provided for example?

As for unmarried couples, yes there's a problem - here's what I wrote on another forum:

"My boyfriend's been offered a job in Dubai & I'm planning to go with him. Can we live together."
The answer is in two parts and the second is the most difficult to solve.
Firstly, it is illegal for an unmarried couple to live together in Dubai. Having said that, many couples do and they have no problem. However, you need to be sensible about it; for example don't attract the attention of the authorities by having noisy late-night parties that cause the neighbours to call the police!

The second thing is much more difficult. To live in the UAE you must have a Residence Visa. To get a Residence Visa you must have a sponsor - for example, your boyfriend's employer will be his sponsor. But your boyfriend will not be able to sponsor you. Only legally married people can sponsor their spouse, and the paperwork to prove you're married is daunting.

To live here you have to get around this problem, for example by finding a job yourself so that the employer will be your sponsor. Or maybe, just maybe, and it's a very long shot, your boyfriend's employer would be willing to sponsor you. Or of course, you could get married which would solve all the problems :-)

Nursing is not all that great here, unmarried couples living together is legally not allowed, but i guess many do stay that way, dont see a problem..