Moving away from Ningbo

Speaking of moving, I am actually moving away from Ningbo to Japan at the end of January. Would anyone know of a decent shipping company I could use? Also, I have things I would be very happy to get rid of before I go. Like an upright storage unit with a door I have been using as a pantry for my non-existent kitchen, a range heater, a small heater, toaster, and other electrical things (can't take anything electrical to Japan because it wont work). So, if anyone has any advise on shipping outfits and or want to ask about stuff let me know.

S.

Hi Shelldos,

Please note that a new discussion was created as from your post on the China forum for better interaction.

I invite you to post an advert in the section moving sales in China which might be helpful.

I also suggest you to do some research on the internet regarding the shipping company you are looking for.

Thank you and best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Shelldos wrote:

Speaking of moving, I am actually moving away from Ningbo to Japan at the end of January. Would anyone know of a decent shipping company I could use? Also, I have things I would be very happy to get rid of before I go. Like an upright storage unit with a door I have been using as a pantry for my non-existent kitchen, a range heater, a small heater, toaster, and other electrical things (can't take anything electrical to Japan because it wont work). So, if anyone has any advise on shipping outfits and or want to ask about stuff let me know.

S.

Determining a transport company is often depending on how much you need to ship. The best solution is to figure out how many boxes/ suitcases you're shipping, their weight and then go on line and find an agent in Ningbo or contact local transport companies.

DHL, Santa Fe, EMS, even UPS and FedEx are in China. There are hundreds of companies. If you're going with a container of goods then get back to me and I'll suggest a few good container companies.

Every courier or transport company has its pros and cons depending on weight, number of boxes, sizes and destination. So your first task is "knowing" what your sending to Japan. If it isn't too much, you might consider taking it all on the plane with you. Extra luggage can be from 100 USD to 200USd per extra suitcase or box and in many cases is actually cheaper.

Good luck getting out to Japan!

Kris