Kia cars

Hello,

Well, we've finally moved here, and are considering getting a (5 seat, 5 door, diesel, manual) Kia car, due to the long term warranty deal (we don't want any surprises), and because we assume that they're relatively cheap, which suits us right now!

However, we can't recall any friends of family owning one in Mauritius, or the UK, or having been in one, so we don't really know if they're any good.

Do you have any honest feedback that you could share on quality, prices, service, and availability of parts (it's not Japanese) etc.? We wanted to know if it's a case that "you get what you pay for" - like the ironing boards we were looking at earlier!

We're happy getting unbiased advice in a different car make direction, but new or second hand it would need a decent duration warranty.

Thanks,

David.

Hi David,

I don't drive a Kia but many of my friends and colleagues do and they are very efficient, aesthetic and reliable cars. In fact Kia has been the best selling car brand in Mauritius for almost 2 years now and is still going very strong.

Prices for new vehicles are in the range of MRU 500,000 to about MRU 1.5 million for cars and up to MRU 2M for SUVs.

I would suggest you visit the showroom of United Motors Limited at M1 Motorway, Pailles. It is located in the same complex as BMW. UML is the official representative of Kia in the country and you will find everything you need there.

Hi David,

I agree with Kaviraj. And I think its the best choice for you if you want a long warranty on the vehicle.
Regarding the spare parts, I'm sure the car dealership will have the spare you need because you can see more and more Kia on the road.

Go and have a road test Leal.

Just one advice don't go for the French car.

Thanks for your replies Kaviraj and Julien,

The situation with Kia in Mauritius sounds better than I'd expected.

I guess you mean that French cars are not so common here - we've only seen our old car once or twice before over the years.

Cheers,

David.

Your welcome, hope you can find a good deals.

Regards,

Julien

@David Expat

Kia vehicles have gained a reputation for reliability in Mauritius, offering dependable performance and modern features. Their durability is evident through positive customer experiences, with many owners praising their longevity and low maintenance costs. Kia's presence in the Mauritian automotive market continues to grow, emphasizing trustworthiness and value for consumers.

@oliverfrancis1470

Their spare parts are freakingly expensive

Hi David,

We used to drive a Mercedes V250 AMG, awesome vehicle but we just didn't drive it enough for it to be worth it's money so I traded it in and bought a Kia Sportage GTLine for 1/3rd the price of the V250.  What a wonderful experience it was to drive that car.  I was in the car showroom on May 6th 2022 and I saw the new Kia Sorento SX Prestige.  The sales manager lent me his for the weekend and when I returned it on the Monday I bought one.

Actually we bought two Kia's on the day, one Picanto XLine and the Sorento.  The Picanto is sluggish but gets you from A>B, but the Sorento, well that's in a class of it's own.  Kia have really set themself apart with the quality, affordability and reliability in the industry.  To be perfectly honest I'd find it hard to go elsewhere after this.

Hope this helps you make your choice.  Oh we are from SA and our purchases were in SA.

Regards

John

Kia is doing very well in the UK. In fact, both Kia and Hyundai are brilliant cars. See if you can get the Hybrid versions.