Puerto Plata Hotels Near Malecon

any recommendations for hotels near the malecon that aren't too noisy? what about hotel Lomar?
Restaurant recommendations in the area near the Malecon? Good prices preferred.

I  just stayed at Hotel Montesilva,  I quite enjoyed it.  1,000RD a night, cable tv, air conditioning,  good hot water. 809-320-0205

I am out of date on restaurants so will let the others help on that.

Hotel Lomar is a good one. The restaurant Portafino's is great food reasonable. The restaurant is under new management but the owner also owns Lomar. Just 2 days ago I opted for Puerto Plata Village, just inside Playa Dorado, $100 a night for 2 and all inclusive, very quiet. Awesome food due to the fact that their clientele is all tourists so they don't open up the resort for cheap rates on the weekend to fill the place with Dominicans. Thus the food isn't based in the Dominican diet of rice and beans.
Anyway, the $100 I spent there went a lot farther than if I'd stayed at Lomar and ate out. I stuffed myself and so did my GF.
Merry Xmas!

Thanks, Planner! Hot water sounds fantastic! It's been months since I've had a hot shower!

We're headed up there tomorrow. Hoping we can find a rental car in Rio San Juan. Getting really tired of using the guaguas and taxi publicos, especially since I will be doing some shopping at Sirena. Then hoping to head up to Luperon to check out Parque Nacional La Isabela and the beach with really good snorkeling.

Know of good inexpensive hotels in Luperon?

By the way, I'm still trying to figure out the CPS shipping thing. I've tried to chat on their site and email but not getting anywhere. I'm wondering if I sign up for their service, do I have to take a guagua all the way to their location in a bigger city to send or pick up my package or do they send it to my town (rio san juan)

CPS -  you will need to travel to the nearest town to pick up your packages! I am going there tomorrow and will ask about where their offices are located. It may be the closest to you is Cabarete, but I am not positive on that.

sorry can't help you with Luperon!

Dr. Yaimi. Did I read your post correctly? You paid a $100.00 for 2 at that resort you stayed in in PP or was that a $100.00 per person?  Please send me their info please.  Thanks.

Depending on time of year and how you book you can stay at LifeStyle resorts in Confressi for $15 a night per person and that is AI with access to the VIP beach.
We cant eat at home for that amount. In fact we are going for one of our mini escapes in May for 4 nights for a total or $120 and that is for the both of us not per person.

Bob K

Thanks Bob. Did you book over the phone or over the net? My brother was there at that resort recently and the made him pay about that same amount, but per person, then again he stayed at the presidential suites and had to pay for the room separate from the AI wrist bands.  I still can't believe that rate $15.00 dollars a night??? Wow! I must keep track of this place. My brother booked through a private broker online, but after reading your post, I'm wondering if he got scalped! Yikes! But he said he had a great time:-)

Merry Xmas Bob.

CPS - well I was there today and nobody had time to talk with me. and I wasn't about to stand in their line.... wow lots and lots of people.

One thing about Lifestyles = Bob with that special rate do you need to sit through their presentation?  I've had some people book and the rate was rescinded if they  did not go to a presentation AND they had to show a recent entry stamp in their passports!