Best Area to Stay for TOURIST

Hey guys,

Considering you are expats, you probably have a good idea of where the best place for a tourist to stay. I'm visiting next month for 1 week, and I have no idea where I should stay.

I'd prefer to be some where close to public transit or within walking distance of a lot of different sights. I'm not moving here with my family and I won't have a car... so it might not be the same place expats families want to live. I'm a 28 year old single male, and I love to explore... so any ideas?

Hey Jess,

You didn't mention which part of India you're visiting. I can give you some info and tips if it's south India. I live in Bangalore and you're welcome to seek any help from my side.

Sorry about that. Chennai!

Hello Friend.

Please find the below good places to view out in Chennai and near by places

Marina Beach
Besant Nagar beach
Mamalapuram - Shore temple
Pondicherry -  A french colony
Muttukadu boat house
Good temples

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]

Hi ,
I am living in Delhi since 2 and 1/2 year, I would like to help u with your stay, if u tell me your budget , to give u some ideas of hotels/ guest house , been close to metro station is your best option to move easier around, have you been to India before ?
C u
Maya

If you to go to Goa for a while, but not stay in the main tourist areas, we have a well maintined villa/aprtment (with pool) on Chorao Island, which is also home to a bird sanctuary - the island not the villa!!!!  Short ferry to the mainland and buses to beaaches or towns from there.  Come back to me if you want to know more. (We live in the UK - most of the time!).

Best wishes
Jenni

I am living in nearby kolkata so give you idea where to stay in my province and where to go for visiting even i guide you for delhi bound areas,so pls mail me [email protected]