Urgent request from newbie

Hi all, I've been studying your forum very closely with interest. And I have found it very helpful, However I have decided to jooin today beacuseMy family and I are moving to Cyprus on the 1st june and would like to know the cheapest companies to ship personal belongings out. Our villa is already fully furnished but I have some other items, i.e. pictures, other art pieces books etc, that I would like to take wih me. I've heard that air/road frieght is more expedient and cheaper. Can anyone reccomend a company?

Also the cost of shipping/airing a German Shepherd. Any company suggestion?

I'm feeling the fear and doing it anyway.

You might find that if it is only a few boxes a normal courier is cheaper than a frieght/shipping company as they have minimum container usage/cubic charges. I am moving to Cyprus in 2 weeks and got a number of quotes and found that the normal courier company was cheaper than a shipping company due to their minimums. In order to get a better quote you need to give them approx weight and measurements of boxes otherwise you may be surprised when they come to pick up. I've moved 2 countries and 2 cities in the last 3 years, so I am getting better at the whole process.

Wow which countries have you moved to? And why so many?

Thanks for the advice btw.

i saw an add for a guy who ships stuff in the cyprus weekly.
i will see can i get the number, if i have not thrown the paper away.

regards
conor

yo its 07974430846 uk [email protected]
good luck

Thanks mate