Bored/lonely?

ok I know its gonna happen but when i move to Riyadh Jan 2014 and that one day creeps up on me and I get bored or lonely what do I do? who do I call for support? where can I go?

Well, if you start posting to the Saudi Arabia Forum you will probably start making friends there even before you arrive. This should go a long way towards keeping that bored and lonely day from coming along too soon.

You can access the Saudi Arabia Forum by clicking on the Saudi flag icon on the lower part of the Main Forum page.

or just go here:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=423

Ask advice on the local forum.
Where are the hangouts, best restaurants etc.

Never restrict yourself to hanging around with expats from your own country, in fact, avoid them in favour of making local friends.
That way, you'll find out much more about your chosen country and probably experience a lot more of what the local culture has to offer.

Hi Fredturbo1,

Please note that your topic has been moved to the Riyadh forum for more visibility and for more interaction with the members found in this particular country. ;)

Thank you a lot James and mas fred for your suggestion  :top:

Have a nice day,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

you can check in but you can't leave..... :) Expat.com will always be there ...thats one big rescue here...

Fredturbo1 wrote:

ok I know its gonna happen but when i move to Riyadh Jan 2014 and that one day creeps up on me and I get bored or lonely what do I do? who do I call for support? where can I go?

You WILL get board and lonely. It a matter of how far can you handle. Don't worry you'll be immune with time just like all of us  ;)

Just kiddin mate.. when you feel bored you can come anytime to Expat.com :lol:

When i came here i was bored, then later bored till death, now am still bored and done with a year. Days go on and you just get used to it. If you are family you would have good time, if not have to get used to lonely life mate.  Welcome to Lonely planet hehe.

Hi everybody,

Some off topic posts have been removed from this thread. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

hi

just let me know when you come Riyadh , I will Guide you to the Hiking and desert activites " as I see from your profile you on of its fan " ..

dont be worry about killing boring time here .. its always fun when you want it to be .

Boredom happens anytime and anywhere!
So when that time comes, just try to do things you usually do when you're bored! Hang out with friends, watch movies, etc.
The only difference is it's more frequent here! :D

seeker of truth wrote:

Boredom happens anytime and anywhere!
So when that time comes, just try to do things you usually do when you're bored! Hang out with friends, watch movies, etc.
The only difference is it's more frequent here! :D

Below line in my signature presents a better solution. Doesn't it? :)