HAI

Hai friends,I'm Manikandan from chennai,currently im working in dubai.

I'm interviewing for a job in Lumumbazi, DRC Congo.It would be great to know some more information about day-to-day life there.

So far all anyone has been able to tell me is that the climate is good. How's housing? Electricity/internet? Is there much of a life outside of work? What's the general cost of living? Thanks in advance for your help!

My mail id - [email protected]

My salary 900 USD per month + Accombatation.

How much cost for food per month,approximately.

What about my job?

Awaiting for your kind reply.

Hi mani.rks,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I suggest you to have a look to this discussion below, it may help you to find some useful information concerning life and cost of living in Democratic Republic of Congo :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5110

Have a nice day ! ;)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi there
I am sorry to tell you that you will not get far on that salary in Lubumbashi, unless you can find shared accommodation and live on just basic food essentials. Because of the Mining industry and large expat community, prices are sky high. The climate is good with a long rainy season that will end by March/April. Then it gets a bit cold till September. September to December is VERY hot and dry. Then the rainy season starts again. Malaria, cholera, bilharzia and other water born diseases are common. If you need more specific information, you are welcome to contact me directly
Good luck!