Construction cost in Colombo, per square feet?

I hope to build a10 rooms 5 stories and rooftop guess house in my 12 prc land in Kurunegala city. Each floor 750 sq feet with wall and need small lift (elevator )What will be my cost in Rupees per square feet or this building
Thank you

tharanga.gov wrote:

hi sam srilanka I hope to build a10 rooms 5 stories and rooftop guess house in my 12 prc land in Kurunegala city. Each floor 750 sq feet with wall and need small lift (elevator )What will be my cost in Rupees per square feet or this building
Thank you

HI
COULD YOU please tel me how much cost for slab area 176x36 ft ( construction in beruwala - kaluthara district)
thanks
hisham

Hi everyone,

I have read through the topic and found it really helpful. I'm wondering though if anyone had experience in building a similar construction or could verify my logic based on what I learned on the forum.

I would like to keep the cost as low as possible with maintaining a reasonable quality. I intend to use local materials to cut transport costs and use local labour while overlooking the project myself. 

Description:  Two storey, wooden cabana on bare ground (no slab), with clay covering outside and inside walls and hay roof.

Materials: Concrete (slab), Wood, Clay, Hay

Completion Level: Excluding furniture, bathroom fittings, electricity and water supply installations.

Size: 1400 sq feet (130sq m)

Question 1: How many people will I need to hire so the work goes smoothly but no need to complete in rush? How many of these need to be professionals i.e. roofer?

Question 2: What's the time required to complete this project excluding electricity and water supply installations? Assuming 3-4 workers involved (perhaps more needed?)?

Question 3: Common figures mentioned were between Rs 2000-4000 per sq feet and one contractor quoted Rs 650 per sq feet. Bearing in mind furniture, bathroom fittings, and electricity and water installation is excluded. Does Rs 540.000 (400 per sq feet) seem realistic to achieve the level of completion mentioned above?

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2dqt11z.jpg

Hi  Dear
Am planning  to construct  a apartment in Colombo around 2+7 my land is 19 p. With raft foundation what will be aproximate cost per Sq ft with a roof top swimming pool luxury type and how long for construction?

Hi,

For structure  it will be cost per sq feet 3000 LKR.

finishes cost depend on your selection, example porcelain tile will cost around 150-300 LKR/Sq ft but for marble it will cost more than 1000 LKR/Sq ft.

You can construct the structure with rate basic and for finishes keep it as provisional sum as per available financial capability.

regarding duration: minimum for one floor it will take 20-25 days.

Thanks
Ahamed Niyas

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi,

Only for slab, 550-650 LKR/Sg Ft (4" thickness)

Regards
Ahamed Zameer

Semi Luxury 4500 LKR/ Sq FT

i am thinking of building 4 town house type  duplex apartments of 1400 sq ft each  in Nugegoda for renting. each unit will be three bed room with living dining, kitchen with floor tiles, kitchen cupboards, built in cupboards for rooms. two toilets and one guest toilet. each unit will have one parking space at ground floor. can someone quote cost of construction per sq ft . this is turnkey type quality construction with fixed time limit .

Hi samsrilanka.
Your post was most helpful thank you.
I need further information and would be most grateful if you can assist.
Please contact me on my email address;
Thank you and regards,
John Howard.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Samsrilanka ,
Please can I ask if you have a building company ? I have a building project that I need help with .
Not far from Negumbo. kind regards

hi,
I am planning to build a hotel in Batticaloa, need help for design and build and joint ventures are welcome. please contact me on ***.  Thanks in advance.

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hi,
I am planning to build a hotel in Batticaloa, need help for design and build and joint ventures are welcome. please contact meThanks in advance.

Hi Sam:

Thank you for your valuable contributions.  We are now in 2018. Do you have an update on the cost of building range now?

Much appreciated.

Cheers, Dale

Hi Dale,

It depends on the type of building what you want to build. Generally it's start from LKR 2500-3500 per sqr Ft.

Thanks,

Amila.

I am planning to buy 2 storey 3BR 2BR  house from a reputed real estate company. for building per sq.ft price is approx. SLR 8500. is it reasonable price

Depends on the location.  Location is key in Sri Lanka.

hi thanks for the help.  I heard SL construction costs are 50% more than they quote.

Hello everyone,

I've been reading through these posts and found the information quite useful. Therefore I was hoping someone could assist me with some approximate figures.

My wife and I plan to buy some beachfront land in Tangalle area, around 3000-4000sqm. We are looking to setup a small beach resort there.

We are looking at a two storey building with approximately 700sqm on both floors, so 1400sqm in total. We are looking at modern design with a semi luxury feel. We don't want to import most of the material and prefer to use local where possible. My questions:

1. What would it cost per sqm to build such a property.
2. What is the approximate cost for landscaping per sqm in Sri Lanka.
3. How are swimming pools costed? If per sqm, what would be the average price?
4. What would be the average cost for a good architect in Sri Lanka.

Thanks for your help.

Nim

Hi Soranko,

Have you started your building project yet?
We are also planning to build cabanas, but only one story, and it would be graetly apreciated if you have any costs to share with us.

Thanks!

Best Regards
Lisa