The new expat blog

Dear members and friends,

as you can see, we've released a new version of Expat.com. Of course we'll all need a few days to get used to it.

So far, what do you think about it ?

Thanks for your support,

Julien

Very good, though could take a while for some to get over the 'shock'  :)

It seems very  :top:  and looks very attractive but still lil confused  :o to getting use to the new face :D
How about adding a  translations tab??

Yes nice Julien. And without a hitch.

Yes its OK and we will get used to it but why was it changed?
Is it another case of change for change sake?
Because its no faster and no "better" than the old one, its just different !

and my avatar does not animate!

Terry

yes it does?

Strange, on my computer it only moves if I hover the curser over it!

ITS MOVING ALL THE TIME HERE....NOT LIKE THAT - LIKE THAT

Moving on mine too.

OK, so I put the cursor on the avatar and it moves one frame. Take it off and move it on and it moves another!
I feel my whole life has  been ruined by the new layout , bring back the old one!!

OH no, its getting worse!! no smilies when I click the smilies link.

Its all getting too much, I feel  a large glass of wine is needed ( this is where I would put a smilie if I had any).

goodbye cruel world !!!!

Just finding my way around it, nice layout though..  :)

Terry, try updating your PC, look for Flash and Java updates.

Hi everyone,

thanks for your first feedback. Should you notice any issue, please report it in the "help us to improve the website" forum

Tearnet, that is a very good question. Here is the official announcement. The main change is that Expat.com is now optimized for mobiles and tablets. Have you tried using EB on your smartphone ?

OK, If I look at my profile the avatar is animated, in the forum its not!
Also on the forum it says I'M offline when I am logged in!
I can open the smilies box but it contains no smilies.

Help!!!

Julien wrote:

Hi everyone,

thanks for your first feedback. Should you notice any issue, please report it in the "help us to improve the website" forum

Tearnet, that is a very good question. Here is the official announcement. The main change is that Expat.com is now optimized for mobiles and tablets. Have you tried using EB on your smartphone ?

Sorry my phone is only as smart as the person using it (not very ).

Still the same 2 or 3 people who seem to think they need to comment or 'advise' on every post!

F0xgl0ve wrote:

Still the same 2 or 3 people who seem to think they need to comment or 'advise' on every post!

Like you?  :blink: Don't like? Ignore. Simples.
Oh, by the way, it's called participation, Try it some time, it's fun!!

tearnet wrote:

Help!!!

As I wrote, have you checked your PC is fully updated. If the site is using latest script etc and your machine is not updated then that may prevent it. Also try another browser, I use GoogleChrome and it's OK.

redmik wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Help!!!

As I wrote, have you checked your PC or other device is fully updated. If the site is using latest script etc and your machine is not updated then that may prevent it. Also try another browser, I use GoogleChrome and it's OK.

A lot of forums are changing for the same reason, to make it easier to view on tablets, smartphones etc as they become more popular mediums to use, I think that the layout here looks good and I am getting used to it, seems to have been a smooth transition so far :-)

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your contribution.

Can you please report us of any bug or issue in the Help us to improve the website:)

Here is the official announcement: Discover the new Expat.com you will find the improvements we've made on the website.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

redmik wrote:
redmik wrote:
tearnet wrote:

Help!!!

As I wrote, have you checked your PC or other device is fully updated. If the site is using latest script etc and your machine is not updated then that may prevent it. Also try another browser, I use GoogleChrome and it's OK.

Just tried Firefox and the avatar works OK,  the smilies are there but it still shows me as "offline" when I hover over the  little thingy at the side of my avatar.
Internet explorer is up to  date and so is java etc.

Christine wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your contribution.

Can you please report us of any bug or issue in the Help us to improve the website:)

Here is the official announcement: Discover the new Expat.com you will find the improvements we've made on the website.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

I have posted all my issues on the "help us improve the website but so far no one from the team has offered any advice!

Terry

We're not debugging in real time, even if we are doing our best ;)

We've identified a few issues with IE, we're currently fixing them. We'll post once the fixes are online

Ok, thank you Julien.

Change the  avatar - LOL

or have you tried reloading it