The Great Christmas Buffet Thread

Hey everyone, it's that time of the year again! Presents, carols, and, of course, overeating :)

What is your favorite Christmas buffet in Saigon? I just saw an ad for Ramana hotel (around 600k/person), wondering if it's worth trying. Any other suggestions?

It really not that good. sub-par at best. Make dinner yourself, If you need help I can get you started.

We went to the Legends Hotel buffet on Turkey day and it was quite good. I understand they will have a Christmas buffet as well. As I recall we paid 1,2 m VND for two people. It also included things for out Asian friends as well, whiuch was a plus.

I've been told that the Ramana Hotel has some seedy elements to it. Don't know if that would have a positive or negative effect on the quality of the food. Perhaps the meal might end in a "Happy ending" so to speak. I have no first hand knowledge, but my GF says we can't go there.

Thanks for the heads up on Ramana, guys. Seemed a bit too cheap to be any good.

As for a home-made meal, the whole point is to not cook... just gorge and leave :) Last year we did the whole Christmas thing at my place and it ended up being fairly expensive and lots of work, trying to avoid that this year.

So, any recos aside from Legends?