Any Recommendations for Local Contractors in Sosua?

O'k.....looking for a bit of assistance from you 'long timers' here in DR.   I am looking for someone to power wash and then repaint & seal the concrete roof of my villa in Sosua.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

David

As far as sealing your cement roof. You can use pool stucco. It comes in a variety of colors but I'd use white on the roof. It'll last a lifetime. I've used 2 part roof paint that said guaranteed for 10 years but only lasted 2.
That's my 2 cents on the subject.

Thank you very much for the information.   I will do some checking in Sosua & Cabarete tomorrow :)

Are you aware of anyone who can pressure wash the roof?

Anything to do with construction or maintenance you want to be really careful. 

1. your are doing it right - ask for referrals.
2. If you need to buy supplies, do not hand the money to someone else to do it, you go and  you pay after they pick out what is needed. And make sure it is all delivered to the site.
3. You need to always be onsite watching and making sure it is done right,  and nothing walks away from the construction site.
4. Pay your money out in stages otherwise it will never be done.
5. Hold back 10% if you can to make sure any little problems are fixed.  Pay that out after completion, say  30 days later.

Those are my down and dirty suggestions.  I know Bob will have more! 

My landlady,  a Dominican,  broke these rules and 4 months later I am still trying to get the closet doors in my home finished!  She paid the contractor all the supply and wood money up front,he spent it all on other things, so slowly he finds enough money to buy wood.   4 months later is still not finished! That whole story is in the thread, A Day in the Life....

Planner has given you some great advice.
Definitely buy the supplies  your self or reimburse him with a receipt only
Being on site is a necessity, even if you have no clue just don't let him know.
I will pm you the phone numbers of a couple of guys who may be able to do the work for you. I am always hesitant to post phone numbers on a public board

Bob K

Bob,  I won't even reimburse for purchases.  Too many have great relationships with the stores and will fabricate invoices for either more material,  different grade of material and higher prices then actually paid.

Also most will get a 10%  commission on your purchases, so go with them!!!!

By the way, I have no issue with 10% commission but all the rest is bull dingle berry!!!!

Planner good point and I would do the same if I did not have a personal relationship with the contractor.

Also because of being involved in the real estate scene here on the north coast they know that if they screw with me the referral line dries up, very quickly. Besides they know that since we generally do not take any commission for referred work they have little more profit anyway.

Bob K

That is awesome Bob. You have a great business relationship! 

For everyone else,  don't ever assume your contractor or person doing the job has your best interests in mind.  They do not.  They are rarely your friend, they are in business to make money, just because they are maybe a friend of your friend there is little loyalty.  They see you as rich and therefor parting you from your money is ok. 

The first step is getting that referral!