Returning to Scotland

Hi everyone - I have been asked to introduce myself on this forum. My son and I are returning from Singapore after 21 years on the city state island. We will be iving in a tiny village called Nigg, which is just a mile from the newly refurbished Dry Dock of Nigg on the Cromarty Firth north of Inverness.
My two children (20 and 14) are half Thai and we are all so used to Asian culture and Asian food that the transition to sunny Scotland may be a bit of a challenge. However we both love the outdoors and our neighbourhood has mountains, rivers, sea inlets etc so we are sure to be active.
My main motivation to join this site was to give ourselves a better chance to keep in touch with Asians people living in Scotland. Hope to hear from some of you. Alastair.

Hi Alastair,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Thank you for your introduction, may be changing the title the this thread might help you get in touch with Asian people in Scotland. Thank you! :)

Best wishes,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Cheers David - where are you based?

Hi Alastair,

I'm actually on Mauritius Island. :cool:

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Ha ha! I thought I was talking to a Filipino based in Scotland. I guess its called the world wide net for a reason! Hope to get to your great country one day. All the best.