Medicines in the Philippines

I'm going to the Philippines and I need prescription meds so I was planning on having my relatives FedEx the meds to me. Does anyone know how many months I can bring with me on the plane? How about getting them through the mail? None of them are narcotics, just all the old guy with heart issue and diabetes. If my meds were not free in the US, I would not be so intent on having them sent over by mail, but they are... and they are guaranteed fresh and real which I like. Thanks for all ideas and answers.

hi craig -how about contacting the airline that you are planning to fly  ?and also contacting fedex,   is manila your final destination or another island?.

I would not trust sending prescription meds through the mail, Fed Ex or otherwise. Philippines customs will tax the heck out of it.   

I would think you could bring over quite a bit (6 mos) on the plane. Just bring your prescription in case they challenge.

I will be staying in Cagayan de Oro, in Northern Mindanao. I did call the airlines and they said to bring whatever I want. The Embassy still has not answered my emails or voice messages. Thanks for the info.

If in CDO - bring your meds.  there you will find mostly generic.  While philippines (and CDO) may have the meds you requires, i'm suggesting that it's better to be safer than sorry. 

walk with enough, that should you need to replenish (2 to 3 months), you would have enough time to order them should they not be available immediately.

PM me if finally you arrive and can't get your meds anywhere.  I'm currently starting a pharma import and redistribution business and my suppliers may be able to source your requirements quickly if they're not stocked.

FedEx and DHL to the country is quite good, once you can assure customs that the meds are for personal use and not redistribution, it would not be quarantined and there would be no headaches.

Again, if you ever need to cross that bridge, we could also help you expedite the medicines easily.

Cheers

hi craig -trying to send you pm but seems to be some problem  -maybe some other time

I can only say about post service on Negros Island and it's awful. Unreliable and extremely slow. No extra payments for express post delivery will help. I ordered meds online from China (neighbour country!) and it took 3 months to deliver here although estimated maximum was 2 months and practically usually should have taken 2 weeks.
Speaking about customs - the same situation. They may charge you or may not and there are no particular rules all desisions taken by an officer there and who knows what it will be in your case.

Why did you order from China?  No Walmarts in the Philippines?