RMIT administrator or counselor?

Hi gang,

Is any of you a RMIT administrator or counselor, or know someone who is?

I have a friend who is about to complete her Business Administration degree, at RMIT.  Now, she wants to further her studies at an accredited American business school.  However, she seems to know very little about her course works, and I am not very familiar with the Australian education system. 

I am not too sure if the American schools will accept her degree.  Further complicating the matter, according to my friend, the grades are on different scales and must be adjusted...

I will definitely have to stop by RMIT, when I get back.  Until then, any lead from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Howie

Oh boys!!
Let me get this straight.

This "friend" of yours is aspiring to go abroad (all the way to the States all by herself apparently) to learn to be a bigshot honcho (an MBA degree I assume), yet she is not capable of just stepping into the office next door, asking in her own language a simple question to a person who is an subject-matter expert and whose job is to help her. Yet, she is asking you across the globe about this, so that you will have to go to RMIT to ask the same question?

Is it me or there is sth wrong with this picture?

Yep Anatta's back.....

Hey man,

Yes, it is you!  :dumbom:   

You just left Vietnam a couple of months ago, and you forgot how these well-to-do Vietnamese are, already???

The only reason I am helping this young woman is because she is close to someone who has been really good to me.  Or else, I would have shown her the doors a long long time ago.

Anyway, she doesn't even know where the counseling office is in her school...  But, she is determined, though.  She has flown to California several times already.

So, are you going to hook me up, or will I have to beat it out of you, Anatta?  :o

Wild_1 wrote:

Anyway, she doesn't even know where the counseling office is in her school

No further comment

Wild_1 wrote:

So, are you going to hook me up, ...

Hey, how'bout hooking me up?

Anyway, I'll advise her to go here as a start.

http://www.rmit.edu.vn/academic-registrar

Here is some general info about studying for an MBA in the US:
- A bachelor degree. I believe an Australian bachelor degree is accepted.
- TOFFEL and GMAT.
- Letters of recommendations
- Application letters with tons of essays.
- It does not matter about the scale since the (RMIT) school will have to provide an explanation about the grade and where she is (say 1 to 6, with 1 being the best and the average grade is 2.5, the GPA of this student is 1.5 is considered excellent and places her among the top 10%,....)

- Most importantly, she needs at least 3 years of relevant work experience to show that she has a potential to be a good executive. At least, that is a requirement from a good school.
- Good programs also require her to show leadership skills (through extracurricular activity, voluntary works), sth Vietnamese students normally don't have.

There are also tons of forums in Vietnamese about studying in the US (business is the most popular topic).

The previous US Consulate General proudly told an US alumni gathering I attended not so long ago that Vietnam is the 8th country in terms of numbers of students going to the US. One of the Saigon consulate's main activities is to process student visa, we were told.

There should not be a lack of knowledge around.

Go to the The American Center in Diamond Plaza. They will also help.

So, in other words, RMIT is a legit undergraduate school? 

Dude, that R throw me off a long time ago.  Then, an MBA candidate who has no clue as to what her GPA is, just a couple of months from graduation, really had me wondering. 

But, from what you had just posted, this should not be too hard.  Wish me luck.

As for hooking you up...  How about I stop calling you a girl?  :top:

RMIT is considered one of the better-quality, foreign-run universities in Saigon.
I don't know how legit their degree is, but the school does not appear to be a fly-by-night operation.

You can still call me a girl, as long as you hook me up. In fact, you can only call me a girl, if you hook me up.

My cousin here just graduated from RMIT Hanoi, Enterpreneur barchelor degree or something. He told me that RMIT has few cooperation with other universities in the US for post-graduate courses in business and one of those are in San Francisco and he is heading up there next year. Not quite understand about it but I though RMIT in Saigon should have clearer information. Wish you luck with that young lady's questions :P

Anatta, thanks for the tips, man.  From what I have seen and heard, I highly doubt that this girl (Not you!) and her school will have what the good American graduate schools want. 

Geee...  When I was in college, even in one of those more altered states, I still knew exactly what my GPA was.  But with graduation coming, in a couple of months???  :rolleyes:  I don't think this girl has taken the GMAT yet, or knows what it is.

Anyhow, that is why I need to grab a hold of someone who is more knowledgeable about her curriculum and its value. 

Aibiet, thanks for the well wish.  However, I think this girl needs it much more than I do.  San Francisco, huh?  Please don't tell me your cousin is heading to Stanford...  Very bad school, with very "confused" alumni.  :idontagree:

Wild_1 wrote:

Very bad school, with very "confused" alumni.  :idontagree:

You are telling me. It is not easy with all of the wild celebrations lately. :cheers: BTW, can you tell me which way to the Rose Bowl Stadium again? :cool: I know, we were just there last year kicking some ass,... :lol: