Passport photos in PUerto Plata?

we are going to the consulate to renew our children's passports. is there a place nearby the consulate to get new pictures?

No idea. Best get them before you leave home. Go get them done locally,  most photography places know the dimensions for most passports.

There is a place in Sosua on the main street. I am not aware of one in PP.
You might want to call the consulate and I bet they have someplace they could recommend to you

Bob K

Yes there is one in Puerto Plata and maybe 2 or 3.  When you come into POP from the east, at the roundabout go straight west on the one way street. Come into town past the Isla Gas, at the next park on your left, turn left, then right again. About 1 or 2 blocks in on your left is the photography studio. The street used to be called J F Kennedy but it changed names (again) and I don't know the new name.

thanks! I think that is where we ended up. We have to go back to finish the process in a week. We didn't realized when we left the office at 9 to go make copies and get pictures that the people who need to review our applications would be gone after 11!

We did manage to squeeze in an exe exam for my husband with Dr. Burgos. He was recommended by someone on Expat.com I think.

Now I need a good but not expensive dentist in Puerto Plata! I have discovered a hole in one of my jaw teeth!

@ nglover: Please feel free to browse through the list of dentists in Dominican Republic :)