Anyone with experience of setting up a new foreign company

Dear All,

I have to open an office in Yangon (multinational Telecom consultancy firm.

Can anyone suggest a good lawyer. Also can I find any foreigner here with an experience of establishing an office?

There are certain questions regarding money transfer etc which I need to understand from business perspective.

I would really appreciate some help in this regards. The company is US and I am the manager for APAC region.

Thanks and looking forward for some response.

Hi Consultant Tele,

Please note that your post was moved on the Myanmar forum for better visibility.

An online search may give you some useful information.

Do you have any specific questions?

Thank you,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Hi,

As you know there is already foreign based telecom consultancy firms in Yangon. I am sure its pretty straight forward as long as you meets the MIC standard and requirements.

Firstly, you need to be in the ground of Myanmar to discuss with lawyers what your company focus and services. As you know, internet is not widely used in Myanmar it is difficult for you to get your information efficiently.

[Moderated: send details in private pls]

Best,
Phyo

Hi,

I have lived in Myanmar since 1998, and have been involved in the Telecoms sector since 2000.

More recently I provide investment advice to new market entrants so, can easily assist with company formation, legal advice from local lawyers etc etc.

Please mail me at chrisoram AT gmail DOT com

(Moderated: no free ads on the forum pls + register in the business directory)

Hi Myanmar poeple!
We are vietnamese company and planed to send our manager team to Myanmar to work (M&E system to a Hotel) we also need local electrician, plumber (skills and unskill).
Could you let me know the sarlary of Engineer/hours/days/month? And Electrician, plumber/hours/days (skills worker and unskills)
And how is the working time there? 8hours/days and 7days/week or diffirent?
Thank you very much!
David