Prepaid travel card Euro to Pound Sterling.

Hi, it was easy getting a prepaid card paying from Pounds to Euros but I am looking for one in UK pounds to pay for in Euro.
I cannot find one, can anyone help please?

i know its easy in the uk to load a card by paying in pounds and euros are loaded on the card for spending in euroland.. - just so I understand you want the opposite is that correct Red?

I have not heard of any but that's not to say there ain't any :)

We have a card from Asda (MasterCard) I'll ask when I go up this weekend.

What about this one, it says you can load on any currency and use anywhere!
http://www.moneycorpcard.com/

Terry

Thank you, yes to Toon, thanks to Ken and I have had a look Terry but there is a currency conversion each time the card is used rather than just one at the 'load up' stage. That can be expensive as I calculated they charge at least 4% over mean exchange rate. If they do that each time, that's a lot of lost money and is the same as my GBP credit/debit cards. Thanks though :)

This says you set the exchange rate when you top up doesn't it?

How does it work?

You can load funds onto your Explorer card and lock in a competitive exchange rate before you travel in any of the 14 Explorer currencies.

The card can be used wherever VISA is accepted – including 31 million merchant outlets worldwide, more than 1.4 million ATMs and can even be used for online purchases!

I'll give it a closer look, thanks.

Hmm.

What if I use my card in the UK?
If you have a Basic card loaded with GBP or an Enhanced account and you use it in the UK, you will be charged a 3% fee on the amount withdrawn or spent.

If your card is loaded with one of the other Explorer currencies (not GBP) and you use it in the UK, the value of the transaction will be converted from GBP to your card currency at the Moneycorp rate of exchange.

Please note, you can only upgrade your Basic card to an Enhanced Explorer account if you are UK resident and are able to pass electronic identification checks.

Basic cards can be obtained over the counter in one of our bureau de change branches. (Malta not included.)
However, Basic cards cannot be purchased online.

Enhanced cards can be obtained by a UK resident over the counter in one of our bureau de change branches or online. Unfortunately, non UK residents cannot apply for an Enhanced card.

So, looks like I cannot get one anyway!

Thanks again though.

redmik wrote:

Hmm.

What if I use my card in the UK?
If you have a Basic card loaded with GBP or an Enhanced account and you use it in the UK, you will be charged a 3% fee on the amount withdrawn or spent.

If your card is loaded with one of the other Explorer currencies (not GBP) and you use it in the UK, the value of the transaction will be converted from GBP to your card currency at the Moneycorp rate of exchange.

Please note, you can only upgrade your Basic card to an Enhanced Explorer account if you are UK resident and are able to pass electronic identification checks.

Basic cards can be obtained over the counter in one of our bureau de change branches. (Malta not included.)
However, Basic cards cannot be purchased online.

Enhanced cards can be obtained by a UK resident over the counter in one of our bureau de change branches or online. Unfortunately, non UK residents cannot apply for an Enhanced card.

So, looks like I cannot get one anyway!

Thanks again though.

You can pick a basic one up when you go to the UK.
No charge on ATM withdrawals.
Not sure what you are looking for?
Do you want to load it with € to spend £ ?
If so you will only pay the exchange rate once when you load up the € then if you withdraw £ from a UK ATM no charge.
Or am I reading it wrongly?

Terry

thats the way i understand it too.

Do you want to load it with € to spend £ ? Yes before I go. But I cannot get one.
Me going fuzzy at the edges as just done our tax returns for UK, they wanted them for 2012 - 13 for some obscure reason.
Now, as it is not quite Cisk'o'clock yet, I will have a Lowenbrau instead. Thanks anyway.

Take Euros buy one at the UK  airport then you have one for future trips.