Volunteering experience in Jordan

Hello to all the volunteers in Jordan :).

Could you please share your experience on volunteering in Jordan, esp in Amman. I would be interested in knowing how you found the opportunities and how has the experience been for you.

Thanks for any feedback!

:)

Hi

I used to volunteer in Syria and in Jordan until I started a relief group
if you r interested in more details please contact me at [email protected]

regards;
kadar

@ Kadarfayyad,

Can you give us more details on the forum about your relief group? Maybe more members have the interest to do some volunteers work.

Hi;

I hop theses information as useful, please let me know if you need any further information or if any one can hep with a fundraising for heaters (Sobas) that we need as soon as possible.

I had Volunteering experience for years with Red Crescent in Syria with more than five courses in first aids and inclusion of students, sign language course, Kids motivation courses, project management courses, civil defense and mental health courses. I volunteered for 7 years with Palestinian refugees in Al- Yarmook camp helping in providing mental health assistance for children and adults, and providing financial supports along with supplies for families.
In June 2012, I established a voluntary emergency working group (Named: Syrian Refugees Relief Group) for helping the Syrian refugees in the camps in Jordan along with Syrian families distribute in the local community. My help to the refugees is to provide the basic needs and food supplies along with financial support. One of the successful projects is the baby-kit which contains the supplies needed for the new-born kid and his mother where I had to manage the all project with support from other volunteers collecting data, analysing, call for donations, finance documenting, distributing and documenting the distribution.
For the Syrian Refugee Relief Group, I had meeting with donors and provided reports on the needs based on onsite visits to different organizations as a basis of getting financial/non-financial fund. Also, periodic reports are prepared based on periodic visits to the Za'atari Camp, King Abdalla Gardens Camp, Cyper City Camp and the community in the north of Jordan plus the community in Amman.
A small project I start running since Ramadan 2013 throw Jadal Cultural Centre in Lwuebdeh where we call for the kids and youth in the neighbourhood and start sessions of education and basic rights with different activities.

Regards;
Kadar Fayyad

Hi all,

I work with an NGO called Save The Children International, and we are always in need for smart hardworking volunteers. Our projects vary from emergency to sustainable development. We are based in Amman - Shmisani but we cover the whole HKJ.

I can arrange it if still interested.

Regards,
Hatim

Nice

Hi, I am currently studying Arabic and I am interested in volunteering with a ONG in Amman (I'll be in Jordan till the end of May). If the offer is still valid can you please contact me? My address is minnie.boss7 @ gmail.com
Thanks a lot!

Sorry, the comment was meant as a reply to Hatim.

Hi,
I am from nepal and have little bit work experience so looking for volunteering in NGO. ..I have my background in management. ..hope to getting reply fromyou soon..

Thanku

Hi,

For those looking for a job in NGO, i advise you to post your CV in the NGO job offers in Amman section please, it may really help. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Hatim,

Are you still looking for volunteers? I'm mostly looking to volunteer part-time (about one day/three half-days a week) while in Amman this summer, I can be flexible depending on what you need.
I speak a little bit of MSA and will be studying part-time while in Amman. I have volunteered previously with children both as a young leader with Girl Guides (aged 10-14) and with children living in a women's refuge toddler-8yrs mainly doing games, crafts and helping with basic science/maths/literacy. I can give you more details about my experience if you need it but really I'm willing to do anything useful to you.
If that sounds useful you can email me on [email protected]
Thanks,
Matilda

Maybe you can help the mosque in your neighborhood during Ramadan to serve food for the poor?