Close

Filipinas who develop a bad attitude when they marry a foreigner

all i can read here is about a foreigner husband with a filipina wife/gf.
what about a filipino husband/bf with a foreigner girl? i'm having a relationship with a filipino currently and he's asking me to marry him. :D

My opinion: Do NOT marry him.

male or female it's like a lottery he,as far as i know that is .i got lucky,very lucky.
ask  your self a few questions,questions like ;did he ever lie to me?wen we'r going out who is looking at (you or other girls)?do you have the same dreams and expectations of life?is he caring or macho?
am sure there are a truc load of other questions.

but in the end it comes down to ;who not dare dos not win he

greets Dirk

i dated some filipinos before him and they were such a jerk. unlike him. he's different, so far. but sometimes, i also have doubts in him when in comes to think about the future. i mean.. it's normal, isn't it? or is it abnormal?

What are your doubts?

like... can he fulfill my needs and my future children's needs? we both have a different standard when it comes to life, way back when i was in Jakarta, i was raised in a middle class family and i worked hard to be the way i am now. and by being an expat here, my life has improved to be the best i've ever lived by my own (i lived alone without my family support at all since i was 19 yo. i even slept on a thin plastic mat and lived on a super small room cause i didn't have money back then and my family didn't support me at all). i know how to work hard to have a better life, and i did it. so of course, my standard of living raised.
also, i have a lot of filipina friends that work hard for the family and their filipino husband/bf are just staying at home, take care of the kids and clean the house. i don't mind to work after marry him, in fact, i can help the family financially. but i dont want to be the breadwinner. raised in Indonesia, with the pure blood of Indonesia, we were taught to be a good mother, a good housewife, if ever we need to work, we should not be the breadwinner unless the husband is ill or unable to work at all due to some circumstances.

Hate to say it but there is a very good chance he will sit around the house drinking beer. Very common with Filipinos who have OFW or foreigners money to rely on.

"Filipinas who develop a bad attitude when they marry a foreigner?"

My name is Mark and I've been married to a Filipina for over two years.  I live with her in the Phils.

I consider myself to be blessed since my wife has a wonderful attitude with just about everything.

She is never demanding and she never complains about anything.

When I was sick with pneumonia (and I was short of pera), she pawned all of her gold in order to pay for doctors and medicine to nurse me back to health.  :top:

Hey Gilligan :

"Filipinas who develop a bad attitude when they marry a foreigner?"

My name is Mark and I've been married to a Filipina for over two years.  I live with her in the Phils.

I consider myself to be blessed since my wife has a wonderful attitude with just about everything.

She is never demanding and she never complains about anything.

When I was sick with pneumonia (and I was short of pera), she pawned all of her gold in order to pay for doctors and medicine to nurse me back to health.  :top:

good for you! happy to hear that! not all of filipino is jerk though, and not all of filipina too. i have some filipina and filipino friends and they're good peeps.

amanda.O :

like... can he fulfill my needs and my future children's needs? we both have a different standard when it comes to life, way back when i was in Jakarta, i was raised in a middle class family and i worked hard to be the way i am now. and by being an expat here, my life has improved to be the best i've ever lived by my own (i lived alone without my family support at all since i was 19 yo. i even slept on a thin plastic mat and lived on a super small room cause i didn't have money back then and my family didn't support me at all). i know how to work hard to have a better life, and i did it. so of course, my standard of living raised.
also, i have a lot of filipina friends that work hard for the family and their filipino husband/bf are just staying at home, take care of the kids and clean the house. i don't mind to work after marry him, in fact, i can help the family financially. but i dont want to be the breadwinner. raised in Indonesia, with the pure blood of Indonesia, we were taught to be a good mother, a good housewife, if ever we need to work, we should not be the breadwinner unless the husband is ill or unable to work at all due to some circumstances.

It's absolutely normal to have doubts. You should dispel those doubts before getting married. 

Your dream of becoming a stay-at-home mom and keep your current standard of living will depend on how much money your bf takes home.

Get to know your bf very well, including his finances and spending habits. How much does he make? Is he in the habit of saving? Is he thrifty or is he the type who likes to buy the latest gadgets and clothes? How often does he go out with his friends? Is he generous to his friends and family?

Get to know your bf's family and their history. What are his parents, siblings and other relatives like, especially the men in the family? Do they have jobs? Are they hardworking? How do they treat their spouses and children? Are they faithful to their spouse? Do you think he will take on their personality, character, habits?

Get answers. Then you will find whether your bf is the right guy for you.

I married a wonderful Filipino 10 years ago she great helps pay the house hold expenses, when she first came to Australia we used to go to the Filipino get together s , most Filipinos all they talked about how much money their husbands got the nice car they drive , nice house they got, where expensive clothes etc, my wife dont go to those get together s anymore, she like by all my friends, got a great attitude.
I meet many Aussies here who Filipino wives dont help out to the household expenses, most of the money they earn is sent home to their families who as some mentioned here ofw send money home while their families drink gamble sit on their fat backsides, once the gravy train stops they dont want to know the person sending the money.
Before I married my wife I was married to another Filipino briefly , all she want large amounts of money, sure plenty of red flags my little head ruled my big head, when kept saying no to the family, they did not like me, the girl even tried to say i had a kid to her after coming back to Australia 5 months when i came back even found once baby born she was still living with her husband.

That's why I work out in the Philippines.  Not in Europe.  Coz here in Cebu,  it's easier to me to adapt her life a bit,  instead of her life adapting to my European habits.  And for now,  we work out fine.  Her family needs to work out on their own,  and not keep in mind I'm a walking ATM. No way.  I always define my rules,  coz having a relation with a pinay,  u have to be strong or u will suffer

to my opinion the original filippines culture was lost under spanish colonialisation and now there is an americanised culture whit witch they struggle.
but than i think who are we to even try to judge other ppl there culture

greets Dirk

There are really people like that not just in the Philippines. It is best to avoid them once you've learned their crazy attitude. There are more people out there who knows how to interact well with other people and deserving with time and effort.

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy stress-free travel to the Philippines