Please remember ... you're not on a dating forum !

I SUgGeST YoU to UsE loWeR cAPs in your messages, thanks

Julien wrote:

lol nice one ;) sorry John25 :P I'm sure these are things that our esteemed admins are considering already :D

Julien wrote:

OK :P
u didn't even say ur opinion on my suggestion anyways

eltviola wrote:
Julien wrote:

lol nice one ;) sorry John25 :P I'm sure these are things that our esteemed admins are considering already :D

lol actually i don't see anything wrong with caps :D

eltviola +1

Thanks Julien! :cool:

john25 wrote:
eltviola wrote:
Julien wrote:

lol actually i don't see anything wrong with caps :D

Well it's your choice how you prefer to write of course, but capital letters should really only be used for proper nouns, like names and places, not to begin every word in a sentence :rolleyes: It's not a big deal on a forum, it just makes it a little harder to read and gets picked up by fussy people like me who like things to be 'all proper like' when it comes to English :D Mashy, khalas.

Good luck with your exams! :)

Elaine

haha...well u explain some now :)  i used to type like that just cuz i liked how the words looks organized :D
and thanks,i just have 4 days left
khalas :D

valibilic wrote:

In fact John is 15 years old. Despite of his age, he has a lot of knowledge about computers both hard and soft, and he speaks excellent English.Also, he knows all what is moving in Cairo. Last academic year, he gave up school, considering studies not important for having a good situation. One of my business with John was to convince him to go again to school. I was very proud when he went again to school, to continue his studies.
And by the way, why do you need French? And only being taught by a sweet. wonderful females?:rolleyes:

this is a lovely memory for me :))))

This is getting really absurd. My wife joins here and has only one post and a profile with very limited detail (we updated it minutes ago) and she gets hit on in PMs by three members, one of which has almost ZERO posts.

Come on guys ..... why you can't get it? it is NOT a dating forum !! .... even the topic is a sticky one at the top of the forum .....

It's really sickening ......

The Egyptian wrote:

This is getting really absurd. My wife joins here and has only one post and a profile with very limited detail (we updated it minutes ago) and she gets hit on in PMs by three members, one of which has almost ZERO posts.

Come on guys ..... why you can't get it? it is NOT a dating forum !! .... even the topic is a sticky one at the top of the forum .....

It's really sickening ......

lol i feel sorry for women on here

unfortunately we have too many perverts and creepers in egypt

The Egyptian > please use the "report" link and we'll have a look

thanks !

Julien wrote:

The Egyptian > please use the "report" link and we'll have a look

thanks !

Already done, even before posting here !

amarakl wrote:

I think there is something wrong , Egyptian thought that it is easy to date foreigner girl or women and this point of view  is coming from the wrong media, I had the same concept in the past but after I met some foreigner males and females I discovered that girls or women don't date man by this way, I think Egyptian men don't understand the meaning of friendship between male and female, so I ask to start discussion and make awareness about the friend ship and what does it mean.

I agree with u. I think they need to understand the meaning of friendship with s foreign woman. I am an Egyptian but I understand things better and understand how these Egyptian men think and how the foreign women think. It is really hard to make both sides understand the other's perspective. The socializing of both really helps them understand but also is a problem without both being aware of how to treat each other. I am totally against harassment but also we do have to agree that some foreign girls come here and don't know what to say and how to treat these Egyptian men so they are misunderstood. I have male friends but cos I know the culture so I know how to act when I'm around them so I'm never misunderstood.

The key to all this is that foreign women should never agree to go out with Egyptian men unless they are in groups of male and female. Then, when they get to know the people well, they can decide whether to become closer friends or not.

I really love socializing with people from different places and I think women need to think well before doing anything in Egypt and also they need to always remember that the culture is totally different and cos we all respect each other and respect different cultures, we need to think how others would receive what we say and how others would think about our actions in order to be respected by all.

I hope everyone gets along and enjoys time here. I have been organising outings that include Egyptian males and females and people from all around the world and everyone really enjoys these outings and now we have become friends and we still meet up like once a week.

Rania

Guys, I received many reports in the last few days, and it really annoys me and several members.

Now, gentlemen, please stop sending private messages to all the women we've got on board, or I'll ban all your accounts !!!

Julien wrote:

Guys, I received many reports in the last few days, and it really annoys me and several members.

Now, gentlemen, please stop sending private messages to all the women we've got on board, or I'll ban all your accounts !!!

I suggest a lifetime ban for repeated offenders.

It really sucks big time.

Same thing for contact requests, one complain and I'll press the ban button.

this is getting really annoying !

:one
Thanks Julien, great job! :D

Julien wrote:

:one

You are always protecting the members here
Good job, thx thx

Your team has created a wonderful, helpful site for expats. It must be exhausting weeding through the spammers, stalkers, and creepers. Thank you, Julian + team! :D

Hey ladies!

Thanks for your kind words and for helping make our job easier too ;)

Regards
Armand

you are the stars! seriously the number of ppl who have no manners at all is frightening!!

thanks guys!

Ladies, please remember to report them, this way we can "identify issues" and solve them

thanks,

Julien

i wanna ask about some thing too ??
Can we report ladies who write in profile (if u wanna know me more contact me )!!!!!!
Can we???

yes of course, but is that the issue we're talking about ?

thank u so much for ur respond,and i was asking that coz i think it consider as a girl who wanna make a date from this site too.

Thank u again for being with us all the time :)

Just take it easy guys! in private msgs it's so easy to block anyone you dont want to talk to or at least tell him or her to stop contacting you if he is annoying you! Only Report those who are rude or annoying and spamming!

AMostafa wrote:

Just take it easy guys! in private msgs it's so easy to block anyone you dont want to talk to or at least tell him or her to stop contacting you if he is annoying you! Only Report those who are rude or annoying and spamming!

AMostafa, the thing is, sometimes these guys go ahead and message ladies that state in their profile clearly in CAPITALS that they are married and do not wish to be contacted by men ..... It's called harassment.

.. It's called harassment.

and it's a pleasure for me to delete these guys' accounts :whistle:

(they don't help in any way)

The Egyptian wrote:
AMostafa wrote:

AMostafa, the thing is, sometimes these guys go ahead and message ladies that state in their profile clearly in CAPITALS that they are married and do not wish to be contacted by men ..... It's called harassment.

I dont think it's right to treat women as kids that need protection! Women are mature and wise enough to know how to protect themselves and keep their privacy.

For example If a woman wrote in her profile that she is married and a guy pm'ed her once asking about something that doesn't make him a pervert but if she replied saying "please stop contacting me" and he did it again then he def. deserves to be reported and deleted.

I'll make things easier to understand : if a man contacts a woman and proposes her a date, and if he never participated on any discussion here, I delete his account.

If he participated/helped other members, he might get banned for a few days, as a warning.

And there is no way to discuss about this.

I'm laughing as I read this thread. This subject really isn't rocket science, yet some people seem to have such a difficult time understanding it! Poor Julian, who must continually clarify, translate, explain, etc. what "THIS IS NOT A DATING FORUM" actually means! :dumbom:

Julien wrote:

I'll make things easier to understand : if a man contacts a woman and proposes her a date, and if he never participated on any discussion here, I delete his account.

If he participated/helped other members, he might get banned for a few days, as a warning.

And there is no way to discuss about this.

You dont have to make it easier to understand 'cause it's crystal clear and already so easy for anyone to understand!!

It's not about what you mean by this thread it's about how you react! All members here are grown up adults and i believe all of them know how to deal with any one invading their privacy and annoying them! Period

Well said AMostafa I think you made a good point . So anyone who has any prob . report and Julien will decide who gets a warning or banned etc etc . I think the thread should be closed now as it's gone on  long enough . So if any new member wants  advice on the subject they have enough info on here to understand  what to do as WE ARE ALL ADULTS

+1

discussion closed

:up:

Gentlemen, if you are reported, you'll instantly get banned

Closed