Please remember ... you're not on a dating forum !

:D
will Julien i'm with you in this :)
but there are some people who are not looking for a date
they just want to meet new people :)
ehm.... i'm one on them :D

I am agree with Juliean
Also Sofie7 she is totaly right. but she need to know egyptians more deeply.

@ john25

with all due respect but i don't think you know egyptians at all maybe you met a bunch of stupid guys or disrespectful people but that doesn't mean that the egyptians are stupid or abusers .. you just met the wrong type of Egyptians
by the way i'm egyptian and i never though that the foreigner girl are an easy girl to get and i never flirted any body and i found your words "but i know more about egyptians
don't pay them attention" is very offensive

Hello everyone :)

@Meshail:
I think the members are voicing out their personal opinions; however I have moderated a part of this particular post to avoid clashes between members.

Thank you all for your kind understanding.

Wish you all a nice day ahead.

Meshail wrote:

@ john25

with all due respect but i don't think you know egyptians at all maybe you met a bunch of stupid guys or disrespectful people but that doesn't mean that the egyptians are stupid or abusers .. you just met the wrong type of Egyptians
by the way i'm egyptian and i never though that the foreigner girl are an easy girl to get and i never flirted any body and i found your words "but i know more about egyptians
don't pay them attention" is very offensive

John25 is Egyptian, too!
He s a very smart young boy, and he s polite and nice. I know him personally!

I love this smiley! Where could you find it!

interesting topic,

val i would estimate johns a bit short based on his picture lol.

john has his head on pretty straight and calls em they way he reads them.

I agree with val,

now which one of you dear, sweet, wonderful, females can teach me to speak some French the language of love! while we see the wondeful sights around egypt.

In fact John is 15 years old. Despite of his age, he has a lot of knowledge about computers both hard and soft, and he speaks excellent English.Also, he knows all what is moving in Cairo. Last academic year, he gave up school, considering studies not important for having a good situation. One of my business with John was to convince him to go again to school. I was very proud when he went again to school, to continue his studies.
And by the way, why do you need French? And only being taught by a sweet. wonderful females?:rolleyes:

This thread is becoming completely off-topic :(
Please concentrate on the initial subject.

Yud wrote:

This thread is becoming completely off-topic :(
Please concentrate on the initial subject.

:unsure ... I consider myself into the topic! The topic is about dating... and I consider that " dating" a person that need your advice or to be directed it could be accepted!
But maybe as the words have many meanings for some persons, some find " dating" only for love affairs, or...?
Second, I gave only some details about a member that was considered " not to be Egyptian!

Honestly, not all are the same, but the behavior of most Egyptians is far beyond border courtesy and respect. Nowhere in the world I have met with such obscenity, harassment, and such nonsense here. A fair does not help when you say that you are not single, just looking for info or friends (not boyfriend or girlfriend) or you're not interested in meeting with locals. We all have enough dealing with that every single day anywhere here. So reason why we go to expat sites is contacts with another expats, not egyptians. Why is so hard to understand it?

well done for the reminder....I am thinking of taking my pic down....

I'd like to know why people who have never posted on this forum are allowed to PM other forum members for contact/friendship requests. I have already blocked more than half a dozen people!

Aykalam wrote:

I'd like to know why people who have never posted on this forum are allowed to PM other forum members for contact/friendship requests. I have already blocked more than half a dozen people!

Bravo, I agree, I have a long list of people who've sent me random, often hassling, messages who've never posted anything so it's clear they're not really here to 'exchange cultures' :rolleyes:. Perhaps there should be a minimum number of posts before PMs are enabled just to deter them?

eltviola wrote:
Aykalam wrote:

Bravo, I agree, I have a long list of people who've sent me random, often hassling, messages who've never posted anything so it's clear they're not really here to 'exchange cultures' :rolleyes:. Perhaps there should be a minimum number of posts before PMs are enabled just to deter them?

Now that I think about it, most of these guys didn't even send a PM, they just sent contact request, so I guess they have figured out that there is a min number of posts they need for PMing.

I got a message from nsgeorges wanting my picture! Very sleazy.

Also received a message from 3asheqmajnoon to chat with him "if I'm single".

I've disabled private messages to avoid such sleaze.

:/ if I receive more complaints, I'll directly disable these guys accounts

hello julien;

thank you for the great effort you"r doing with the admin team to keep this forum the best , i wonder if you can add report to the pm system coz i keep receiving undecent pm"s for dating etc,
and i dont know how to report them ?

This report system would be be very helpful ;)

I add it to our to do list, thanks !

well, i have just spent my lunch hour reading this thread with interest!  One of the reasons I stopped using chatrooms a few years ago was because i was looking to chat, but I got so many unwanted pm's that were sleazy or inappropriate.  Now i will always read emails/messgaes as you do get people who genuinely want you to help answer a question, but I find a polite 'no thanks, I am not interested' helps.  I haven't had cause for complaint on this site - I think it is very well populated and well moderated.  I for one am happy I found this site as it has been hugely informative and helpful - thanks people!

Asalamu Alaykom,

Could there be some kind of marker we women could display which indicates we do NOT wish to be contacted by men on the site?  I place on my profile that I'm a MARRIED Muslim woman and I don't want men contacting me and STILL I get private messages.  It's disrespectful and alllllll these men know that it is.  Astragferallah.  I am about ready to report every single man who messages me.  There are plenty of women on this site who are OK interacting with men.  I'm not.  There should be some respect for those of us women who are not.

please report me any insisting user and I'll intervene

hello all;

to some women who"r complaining about getting unwanted pm it could help if you don"t use an atractive photos - specialy if it"s not yours - as its normaly - from Psychologyist point of view - indicates kind of invetation , as i think egyptian women are not going to worry about those pm"s now as they"r so busy now either in tahrir squar or with the news & helping around .
suzana

@ suzana, you are so right! I used to play around with that on my old Myspace account too before I closed it, putting pictures of my dog / horse up and I would get no messages. Put a picture of myself up, and I'd get 5-6 messages a week. It's very frustrating!

@ after...totally agree. What makes me really angry are the messages that promise "they only want a new friend" or are "looking to be shown around places," but have not posted in here. I should start taking the time to report these messages, but usually I just ignore them. Or how about the messages that ask you to reply to say you're not interested? If i don't reply...I'm obviously not interested! :p

don't ignore people, just reply ( YOU ARE REPORTED :P )
then people know that there is something wrong with it, just my two cents ! lol

@leprechaun; not only frustrating but sometimes wierd ?? and ignore is the best & only thing to do !! i"am puting my age as a signe i"am not interested in anything and i don"t participate in any post unless it"s usefull & decent and still i get a lot of wierd sometims funny pm"s ?

@mnas ; some of the pm"s i recive :

* i"am back for a week , what can we do ? " i dont know him at
  all !! he is not even in my contacts never even posts??

* you look that you have a great & --- body ? of course my photo doesn"t show my body and i dont know him  ..etc ...?

* are you interested in younger men ?? i dont know him etc...?

if you get this kind of pm"s dont you think that ignore is the only choice??

please juline try to add this report system to pm"s belive me you will have great fun

Hello suzana,

Can I have the user name of the members who's disturbing you via PM. You can send me via private message and we'll intervene promptly & accordingly.

Regards

@mnas ; thanks for your positive respond i guessed from you first answer that you have no idea about the type of pm"s we get !! of course you might get pm from someone you know through posts and so on about invetation or so , this you don"t normaly ignore , you normaly explain why you"r not interested

mnas pm;

hi suzana,

It's my pleasure.

cheers,
Mina

sorry mnas i didn"t understand your pm ?

@ suzana,

it was a reply to your ( thanks for your positive respond ....) above. a reply to thanks

body_friendship
I am 100% with you, we shouldn't generalize, because in everywhere we will find the abusers and the good people, I know that few men gave bad impression about Egyptians, but that doesn't mean that all egyptian men are abuser, and we should take the risk instead of sitting at home, and to be isolated, eating pizza, we have to take the risk, and to takecare from the others too. Chapeay, i completely agree with ya

Completely agree with you Julien! this can be a reason for people to leave sites... Keep with your good work guys :D
Mnas I liked so much your tactic! Reply ( YOU ARE REPORTED tongue )
I wonder how i never thought about it before. Greeting people!!!

totally agree, as i received couple of these pms and actually i was surprised, because i received them once i registered in the site actually,i just hope that this kind of people can understand that we're not here to be part of their  lawlessness...

and a great thanks to the admins :)

I can't believe this thread is still going ! I haven't used expats for awhile and I got email to say that someone posted on this thread , so i came to check it out .
So it's still happening here ., I haven't checked my messages but will and I bet there will be some asking things they shouldn't ! I have the same on twitter & other sites , and it's the same thing , hi how are you , would you like to go out sometime, that's the half decent ones. The others are unmentionable ., why here men should think women are wanting a date when all they want is to find out about living in Egypt is beyond me !!! show respect to us women and keep your chat up lines for the dating sites please

Khlada1 and hany.ezzam just sent me some very inappropriate messages - can they be blocked please? Typical of those who only use the forum to send PMs and hassle people. It is a minority who do this, without doubt, but it spoils it for everyone else :-/ Think we should stop generally complaining and target our annoyance at those responsible by getting them blocked asap so they know it's inappropriate.
It'd be great to have a 'report' function as mentioned before, and a minimum number of posts before PMs are enabled :) any chance admins? All us ladies would be sooooo grateful!! :D

the procedure is still manual but it will change soon. You will be able to report users, and if one user gets reported 3 times, he will automatically get banned. That should sort a lot of issues and block these guys.

In the meantime, I've banned Khlada1 (O messages on the forum) but I can't find the other user, could you please check his username ? (do not hesitate to send me PMs)

I am really sorry about these "issues".

I've checked my messages back but it was while ago that the same man Hany azzam was emailing inappropriate messages to me , but as I say was a long time ago

thanks ... identified & banned !

Thanks Julien! :)
Add to that list Youssef011 :rolleyes: Is it ok to keep reporting them here for now?

done ;)

yep you can report them here, or send me PMs

Closed