Looking for Peranakan (Baba / Nyonya) in Denmark.

Hi, I am just wondering any peranakan (Baba/nyonya) staying around Copenhagen?

Thanks.

Hi,
Welcome to Denmark. I am a Straits-born Chinese from Melaka living in Copenhagen for the past year and the half.

I have not met many Malaysians during my time here, what more a Peranakan.. So, pleased to meet you and do drop a line if you need any help or advice with anything. I would be happy to help where I can.

Good luck and best regards,
Mae

Hi Mae, really glad to know someone fr my kampung in Copenhagen... I m a malaccan too, staying in Taman Malim Jaya. I wl be working in Nam Nam restaurant, a peranakan n singapore restaurant mid.january next year.
Really glad to know you and hope to c more peranakan ppl in Copenhagen.

If u happen been to Nam Nam restaurant, the address is Vesterbogade 39,  pls gv me ur feedback of the food. I wl b taking over the head chef position in the restaurant next yr..:-)

Hi,
Congratulations on the appointment and good luck with the transition over here.
We have been to Nam Nam only once before and loved it. Would be happy to return at some point :-)

Best regards,
Mae

Hi Mae, I am preparing and make some changes on the menu. Craving any of our local food? I can work out in my coming menu. :-) Cheers.

warmest regards,

Jemmy Yeo

Hi,
Actually yes :-) lemak chili api and rendang!!

i mainly make nasi lemak, chili garam and curry when i need a malaysian fix, because that's what the rest at home would also eat..

I try to stay away from anything that involves belacan as I think the neighbors may not be able to deal with it! Lol. I do think the locals will like the taste or not notice it in the dishes but the smell that lingers from the cooking - not so much!

Hi misssixtoes,

Wow..lemak cili api.. dia orang boleh tahan pedas tak? (the danish can take such spicy/hot food?) :-)

Anyway, for those craving for our home cooked peranakan food, I think I will be able to work out to cater for a small group upon request.

Hi there,
I maybe moving to Copenhagen towards the end of this year.

That will be myself, my wife and 2 kids.

Can anyone advise where should we stay and where to shop for Asian groceries eg rice,chillies, curry etc.

Thanks