New business idea

RENT AN EXPAT, yes it is that simple. No more posting needs friends to hang out with. Want to practice English, rent an expat. Need to dress up your social events? We have the answer, Rent an expat. Yes we will be having 2 for Tuesdays....lol

ancientpathos wrote:

RENT AN EXPAT, yes it is that simple. No more posting needs friends to hang out with. Want to practice English, rent an expat. Need to dress up your social events? We have the answer, Rent an expat. Yes we will be having 2 for Tuesdays....lol

I like it!
Will all Expats be required to submit their degree,household resident book,residents card,hospital check,police check,work permit,PIT number,drivers licence to apply?

Nope, qualificiations are

(1) warm body

and foreign passport.

+ Credit/Debit Card holders preferable :D
Oh, no. That's a must!

The "please be my friend" threads are getting a little white around the eyes, aren't they.

I could use a few new други / bạn / amigos / amiche / Freunden / friends myself, but, come on people just let it happen.  When you try to force it, bad things happen.

To be fair, I've been in this country for nearly five months and still haven't made that many connections. Compare to the other island nation in my name where it seemed the every other day I was meeting new people. Granted, I've become far more introverted here.

I find that even aside from the language barrier, we tend to run out of things to talk about here.  Being a foreigner sometimes feels like being a trophy, other times it feels like being an ATM.  Most people I know aside from neighbors I met right here.

Most westerners in CT are either passing through or they're abusers of (legal) substances.

ChrisFox wrote:

Most westerners in CT are either passing through or they're abusers of (legal) substances.

My same exact experience. There needs to be an Alcoholic Expats Anonymous group to help men cope with all this cheap booze and cigs.

Do you know what AP for some reason I think you might be on to something here.
If you put your mind to this it could turn out good for you as a side business to Teaching, or..............Maybe you could become Da Nangs first Tycoon.....lol :joking:

milkybunnyHCM wrote:
ChrisFox wrote:

My same exact experience. There needs to be an Alcoholic Expats Anonymous group to help men cope with all this cheap booze and cigs.

I thought the cheap booze was how they cope. LOL

Joking aside, the cheap booze does not cause an addiction. Some say there is a genetic cause, some learned behavior, others may self medicate for mental health. If you have a problem, please seek help.

warm body: have written references

credit/debit cards: American Express Platinum Travel card

foreign passport: Canadian

also, no known addictions, alcohol or recreational drug. But will consider addiction to qualify for position.

Where do I apply? ;-)

ChrisFox wrote:

I find that even aside from the language barrier, we tend to run out of things to talk about here.  Being a foreigner sometimes feels like being a trophy, other times it feels like being an ATM.  Most people I know aside from neighbors I met right here.

I was the trophy American this past weekend in a little village on the Mekong 6 hours south of Saigon.  My housekeeper neice wedding party, it was a 2 day affair. Wonderful time, I was the only NES there and everyone wanted to toast me (most fun you can have counting to four), have their picture taken or both. They try very hard to get the American drunk. Having you toast with each one at a table so you end up drinking 6 shots of ricewine to their 1. Played this game before, only toasted the group and special elders by themselves. Had a great time and would due it again, because I know some of the family. Having said that, I do get tired of the invites that mean"look at me, l have a NES at my party".

bluecheer wrote:

Do you know what AP for some reason I think you might be on to something here.
If you put your mind to this it could turn out good for you as a side business to Teaching, or..............Maybe you could become Da Nangs first Tycoon.....lol :joking:

When I was very young, I always dreamed of being a millionaire. Just always thought it would be with usd. A few years ago if anyone told me I would be putting ice in my beer or enjoy eating BBQ rat  i would have laugh. But paradise isn't always prime rib and a 30 year single malt with large breasted women in bikini's. For me it is ice in my beer, rice wine, bbq rat and beautiful women wearing short skirts and riding motorbikes.

ancientpathos wrote:

Great idea.  It sounds just like hiring Extras for a movie set.  I thought I read about some production crew in HCMC looking for "foreigner" looking types for a commercial or something just recently.

What about Viet Kieus?:D  And what are the rates? Two beers an hour?

BTW I think its pretty hard to make friends here. Ive been here for about 3 weeks and I only go out with my co-workers or relatives.

If anybody is free during the week (after 6) it would be cool to hang out.

Im a Viet Kieu, but whitewashed so I prefer hanging out with people who understands me. Its pretty hard to say to locals "Hey lets go to a bar and have fun. Lets dance etc. They look at me like Im the next (Moderated : no vulgar word pls):(

missmae wrote:

... Im a Viet Kieu, but whitewashed so I prefer hanging out with people who understands me. Its pretty hard to say to locals "Hey lets go to a bar and have fun. Lets dance etc. They look at me like Im the next (moderated : no vulgar word pls):(

Funny! I think young local people in the city love bars, alcohol and dance more than expats :lol::lol::lol:

missmae wrote:

What about Viet Kieus?:D  And what are the rates? Two beers an hour?

BTW I think its pretty hard to make friends here. Ive been here for about 3 weeks and I only go out with my co-workers or relatives.

Im a Viet Kieu, but whitewashed so I prefer hanging out with people who understands me. Its pretty hard to say to locals "Hey lets go to a bar and have fun. Lets dance etc. They look at me like Im the next (moderated : no vulgar word pls):(

I remember the post actually writing that anyone who looks Vietnamese doesn't qualify.  But they did accept Asian looking people who didn't look Vietnamese....maybe a Korean or a Japanese who looks foreign enough.  So you probably wouldn't get hired.

Hmm...I forgot where I saw the the ad but it was similar to this one but now they just want French and Italian people.  Maybe I might go check it out.

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/asia/viet … ember.html

Not really. Those dancing are the Vietnamese from abroad. You know good girls dont dance they told me. If they do they want a foreigner :o

Ahhh geez I have a German PP too :D Ok but not as easy to marry though

Ah...here we go.  It was on CL.

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/tfr/4217676970.html

http://images.craigslist.org/00M0M_4FqsHSGmkDP_600x450.jpg

So this is actually the "RENT AN EXPAT" idea in action.  $100 for 8 hours of work ($12.50 an hour)

Tiberius Halcyon Dorianus wrote:

Ah...here we go.  It was on CL.

http://vietnam.craigslist.org/tfr/4217676970.html

http://images.craigslist.org/00M0M_4Fqs … 00x450.jpg

So this is actually the "RENT AN EXPAT" idea in action.  $100 for 8 hours of work ($12.50 an hour)

$12 an hour?! Sounds like a Saturday morning language mill wage. Pretty much the same deal. Be a foreigner and entertain.

missmae wrote:

Not really. Those dancing are the Vietnamese from abroad. You know good girls dont dance they told me. If they do they want a foreigner :o

Ahhh geez I have a German PP too :D Ok but not as easy to marry though

Simply, good girls want decent guys! And good girls still can dance and they may love dance! Why's on earth they need a foreigner? A Cambodian or Laos guys can still count?

missmae wrote:

Im a Viet Kieu, but whitewashed so I prefer hanging out with people who understands me.

I am as white as they come and my husband is viet kieu, we are a package deal for you. Feel free to rent us out! :lol: I sent you a PM.

Just call me titanium oxide.