Hello Everyone

Do you know that Indonesians are most lovely people to be with,live with,do business with and marry with to compare to other  Asia countries. Their heart is as purified as ever with beautiful damsels and handsome men ah.

If you are a foreigner and desiring to live in Asia, Indonesia is the best place to live.

You just haven't lived here for long I guess.

I have lived in six other nations in Asia and non is like Indonesia. There is a say that says that a king is not honored in his home country. You may not like Indonesia probably because it's your country.

I advised that you look down carefully to see the honey well

Ever consider that you may be living in some bubble as an expat? Being born and bred here, I've seen the good and the bad side as it evolves so quickly throughout the years, and also have experienced the different social statuses due to bankruptcy and also its recovery. Also, remember the language barrier that you may be experiencing, which cuts down a lot of unpleasantries.

Any country is good when you see only the surface, there's always a reason why citizen of x country seemingly have grievances of their own.

Doesn't mean we're not proud, since we have a lot of things to be proud about (diversity, welcoming, niceness, warmth, culture etc to name a very few from many)  but your claim of "Their heart is as purified as ever with beautiful damsels and handsome men" is quite superficial, to say the least :)

Every country have it's pros and cons, there is/are no perfect country in this world. You don't say that another country is better than your country just because they paint everything in white like the Americans do but in them they are most cunning to be  and work with.

Every country have it's leadership diversities of misappropriate of funds that have either caused economic depression,lack of jobs or political state of comatose which is obtainable in every society.

There is element of truth in what you said because of what you hear/watch/do but that is not 100% certainty.

The only major problem in Indonesia is the media companies, they create fear to the Citizens of this country, there are some things which are meant to be kept outside the public because if let out could cause chaos in the nation. I suggest that the Government should enact strict laws that will control media companies in this country because they are unprofessional in so many things.

Their heart is as purified as ever with beautiful damsels and handsome men ah.  - whats that mean?

What have the Americans got to do with living here?

The only major problem in Indonesia is the media companies? Not the religious groups that seek to destroy other religions, not the huge multinational companies destroying rain forest, not the lack of back bone by some government ministers to address and solve the issues like poverty, under funded education, lack of access to fresh water?

I would suspect you need to take the rose tinted spectacles off and take a look deeper into Indonesia. It is truly a wonderful country full of wonderful people but the problems are ingrained and slow to be fixed.

@lukereg

I concur with you a little bit. I have no grudges with the Americans because i personally love them too. But too much ascription causes pathological decadence and hoping to be what you are not  and can't be is rather dangerous.

There are always chaos in Muslim countries when it come to religion. But most times religious conflict is/are as a result what they see,read and do from media.

I just hoped that the people in authorities here in Indonesia should address the media houses, there are a lot of scarabs on most television stations in Jakarta and it encourages the citizenry to go into such things. There should be a thorough evaluation on media so as curb negative future incidences .

Hey criskris,

Despite our differences in opinion, I would like to apologise for being quite sour in my initial message. I shouldn't have put down your opinion just like that, my mistake.

It's always nice to have people loving this country and always nice to see differences of opinion, but be careful of the danger on seeing things from rose-colored glasses like what lukereg said. Every country always have their own set of complexities, and nothing is pure.

Either way, I agree your experiences is as valid as mine, it would be lovely if we can discuss things with more open-mindedness :)

Enjoy your stay.