Pilates in Oman

Dear All,
I will be moving with my husband to Oman in Feb and would like to have some info on the "fitness scene". I'm a certified Pilates instructor and am aiming to give privates and group lessons in Muscat. I'm planning to also teach Pilates on the new fitness paddle board in the water to combine exercise with scenery :-)
I was thinking of getting a house in the wave and give lessons there. What's your opinion? Do you think I can find a good clientele without having to pass through gyms and hotel? what's the average price you pay for a fitness lesson in Oman?
Thanks!

Hi madisom,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Registering your activity in the Beauty & Wellness in Muscat Directory, this might be helpful.

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hi David!
Thanks, that's a good suggestion actually. I'll register in the directory as soon as I settle in Muscat and get a mobile number.
:-)

Hello,

There is only one person I know of teaching Pilates here in Muscat.  This is Randi at the InterContinental Hotel, gym.  She also teaches yoga.

Classes are RO 5.

The Wave could be a good venue although a little far for some of us who live in the MQ, Qurum area.

I will look out for your classes!

All the best,

Cynthia

Dear Christie,
Thank you so much for your reply. Honestly I've never been to Muscat so have no idea how things go there, but was looking for a nice modern compound with beach and facilities and The Wave seemed the best from what I researched and have been told. Plus I'm looking to live in a location with westerner expats as I think they're the ones that would be more interested in the classes (I feel Pilates is not very common and popular among arabs).
Anyhow I'll be open to suggestions on where to live/teach.
Surprising there's only one teacher..I wonder if there's no demand or just no offer :-))

its good. u can start in The Wave Muscat. Now a days Horizon fitness opened many branches but still.u have much scope.

let me know once u start.

I just realized I called you Christie instead of Cynthia!! I'm so sorry!!

Hi Mascojack, thanks for your post. If all goes well I'll start my first lessons in Oman in March. Will do both privates and groups. Initially I'm thinking of giving a couple free lessons which will consist in an introduction of the Body Control Pilates method(originated in UK)and of course of myself and some basic exercises. After this lesson the clients will decide if they prefer doing 1:1 lessons, group lessons or no lesson at all :-P
Any feedback at this or a later stage will be welcomed anyhow.
Will keep you posted.
Cheers

Hi...am interested in private classes. Let me know how to contact you.

[Moderated: no free ad pls + registering your activity in the Muscat business directory + avoid posting your personal details on the Forum pls]

hi how i can contact you please

Hello I had a bit of delay in my plans but am looking to start classes asap. Please message in private if interested.

Hi can i know whose giving Pilate's classes and their contacts please in muscat?
Also would like to know the prices as well..
Very interested in joining along with a friend..
Thanks

Hi
Did you strart group lessons at The Wave ? I'm interested :-)
thanks

I just moved to Muscat from Salalah. I am interested in yoga/pilates or tae chi classes. Is this conversation still going?

Hi! I replied in private

greetings! i am Oksana and i'm newly registered here. Actually, i am much interested in pilates lessons. But i am living in Ibri, so if such classes were given here, we;d appreciate it too much!

Hi Oksana I'm teaching in muscat unfortunately I don't know of any classes in Ibri

Hi Madisom, I just moved in the Wave Muscat and am searching for Pilates class near by. Is this still valid? Hope u're still teaching in the Wave. Thanks!

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : maybe register yourself in our business directory + drop an advert in our Yoga classes in Muscat pls

Do we still have Pilates classes in Muscat. I m interested to join ...

Hello yes I teach in the Wellness Centre in the wave muscat you can visit their website or Facebook page for more details