Settle in Turkey

Can anyone with a practical experience of the Turkish immigration system guide me as how it works for Iranians wanting t settle in Turkey.
Ali a
Attari

Hi Ali attari,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I have created a new thread as from your post on the Turkey Forum for better visibility and interaction :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Settle in turkey! Most of expats here they dont want to live forever in turkey anyways ankara is a good place to settle but u can consider istanbul is u r welling to work, lots of job vacancies there.... Good luck

Hi,

You can enter on a Tourist visa, the apply for a residence permit at the Police/Immigration office in the city you wish to stay in. Once you qualify you will either get a 3 month permit or a 1 year permit. A healthy bank account equals a Turkish Residence permit. They want to make sure you can support yourself for the duration of your stay which is reasonable.

If the reason for your stay in Turkey is touristic you will be granted the 3 month residence permit which can be renewed for another 3 months.

If your reason is because of your fiance/girlfriend/boyfriend you will be extended 1 year after the 3 months.

If your reason is to find work & you have the qualifications then you'll either be given 3 months or the 1 year residency. This was the way I got residency after being here on a visitors visa.

;)

it might change if some day Turkey join the EU.
It does look hard for the time present does it not?