Looking for French classes

Hi everyone!

I am looking for French classes or someone (native French) who would like to have an extra job as a French teacher (excellent opportunity for volunteers who need some extra money). Of some reason I cannot access the Institute Francias webpage but I guess that their courses might be a bit expensive? I am working afternoons and evenings so I need something or someone during morning or lunch hours. I know basic vocabulary and some basic grammar but need to freshen it up and want to develop. Oh and I am 26 and from Sweden. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

You could try searching for tutors and/or classes here...

www.language-school-teachers.com/defaul … Penh&Cnt=1

Hi annapettersson,

You can also have a look to the Language classes in phnom penh section and drop an ad there too if you want. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Can't help asking. Why French in a place where nobody/hardly anyone speaks that language ?

Bob744: Might be that I have plans for other parts of the world in the future...

I see. So you're being very proactive, good :)

this link is just working fine:

institutfrancais-cambodge.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=1

Other than that, you might want to try trading your English skills against French courses. That's another option as well. A friend of mine is actually doing it, so far it proved quite effective, at rock bottom price.

From the site of the French ministry of foreign affairs...

Au 31 décembre 2012, 4 181 Français étaient enregistrés auprès du Consulat de France.

Première communauté étrangère occidentale, la communauté française est d'implantation récente (le Cambodge ne s'étant ouvert qu'en 1992). Principalement localisée dans la capitale puis à Battambang et Siem Reap, elle est surtout active dans le secteur tertiaire mais aussi dans des ONG et des organisations internationales, des petites et moyennes entreprises. Les activités sont diversifiées (bureaux d'études, tourisme, hôtellerie, transports, travaux publics, pharmacie, communication, génie civil).

Quelques grandes entreprises françaises sont installées au Cambodge.

So, wanting to learn French is not that stupid! But maybe you cannot speak French and won't understand the comment above.

Catherine

I'm 28 and native French living in Phnom Penh. I would be happy to be your French teacher/tutor or conversation pal.