Lasik in Vietnam (especially Saigon)

Hey guys!
Does anybody here have experience with the LASIK surgery (surgery to correct vision).
I consider getting this done here in Saigon at Cao Thang International Eye Hospital in District 5.

Prices and Website

missmae wrote:

Hey guys!
Does anybody here have experience with the LASIK surgery (surgery to correct vision).
I consider getting this done here in Saigon at Cao Thang International Eye Hospital in District 5.

Prices and Website

1400usd for both eyes thats really cheap.
I paid 5k$ in norway, and i had my surgery 6 years ago. no problemo
Just make sure u get the lasik and NOT the lasek surgery.
Lasik= your eyes heals after 1 day, LASEK= Its take ur eyes 2-3 months before the vision is 100 procent...
My optician told me i should take the LASEK option.
But i said no way in hell im gonna pay 5k and wait 2-3months for results..So we agreed to go for the lasik surgery in the end..

I Would have done this in vietnam if i knew it was so cheap.

Hey Hey,. no.... please dont! i have experience on LASIK as i had a LASIK surgery when i was 18 ages, i recommend you should go to Ho chi Minh city eyes Hospital ( Saint Paul)
Address: 280 Điện Biên Phủ, phường 7, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Phone:39326732
it's belong to gorvernment ( iam sorry i dont know what it exactly called) , it's good at  LASIK.

Dont go to Mat Sai Gon hospital or something else, not good

Hi,

I'm from Germany and had Lasik at Cao Tang in April. Everything went fine. I can recommend them.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Julian

Thanks all for your help.

@ nana91. Its normally required to have the same vision for at least 2 years. In Germany (where Im from) it wasnt recommended until 23/24 years because of the eyes growth and change. How did u manage to get this done so early?

BTW my eyes are really bad. -10 and -11 so Im wondering whether its still possible to do? In Europe they didnt.

I want an international hospital and doctors who speak good english so i can ask them many things.

My relatives recommended me this doctor tranhaiyen.com

Supposed to be the best eye doc in Saigon.

Hi, my friends or colleague I know all go to Eye Hospital for eye surgery (As nana91's suggestion). If you feel scared, you can have the head of eye department for surgery. I may cost you double as normal over 2000$. Depend on your eye status, they will charge you.

missmae wrote:

Thanks all for your help.

@ nana91. Its normally required to have the same vision for at least 2 years. In Germany (where Im from) it wasnt recommended until 23/24 years because of the eyes growth and change. How did u manage to get this done so early?

BTW my eyes are really bad. -10 and -11 so Im wondering whether its still possible to do? In Europe they didnt.

I want an international hospital and doctors who speak good english so i can ask them many things.

My relatives recommended me this doctor tranhaiyen.com

Supposed to be the best eye doc in Saigon.

Hello, the hospital i recommend you belongs to gorvernment, dortors here are best qualification in our city, cheap service as well, 750$, cheap because it is covered a part by gorverment, i read some unexpected situation in small hospital.

i was recommended by the doctors here that i could do surgery when i was 18 ages, when my eyes are -6 short sighting and 0.75 astigmatism. well, i think i have to thank to my doctor as i have a early surgery as you know, once your eyes raise too much diop as -10 and -11, when you have surgery, it's still even remain -1 or -2 i believe, iam not sure about the second surgery will help your eyes become 0 short sighting, in fact, i still have one eyes 0.75 astigmatism as 6 diop is high too. so it still remain, but i dont do the second surgery as it's not important, i love my eyes without glasses now, i imagine the time when i can not see anything clearly without glasses, awww,it's great now :D hope that can help ;)

almost doctors in the hospital i told you are study abroad, dont worry,you can do the second surgery or not, it depends on your eyes, doctor will tell you after that. dont worry.just 1 week stay at home and 1 month wear glasses when you go out to avoid dirt, it's easy ;)

Thanks again nana:)

I think Ill do many appointments at different Docs to find the most suitable for me. As I mentioned before its pretty hard when you are so severe near sighted.

Once they told me to wait until Im 24 but now they tell me they can't do it in Germany. Where was the point of waiting?

missmae wrote:

Thanks again nana:)

I think Ill do many appointments at different Docs to find the most suitable for me. As I mentioned before its pretty hard when you are so severe near sighted.

Once they told me to wait until Im 24 but now they tell me they can't do it in Germany. Where was the point of waiting?

hmm, it seems hard, i  think you should do as soon as you can, or it will continue to raise :) if u need more information, just tell me ;) as i had researched about it before when i choose a place to have eyes surgery, extremely important :)

missmae wrote:

Why do you think qualified, trained European doctors advise you to NOT do it?

Because they tell me in Europe they are only allowed to - 8. However in America it goes beyond -8. My uncle had -16 and they correct it to -1...

missmae wrote:

Because they tell me in Europe they are only allowed to - 8. However in America it goes beyond -8. My uncle had -16 and they correct it to -1...

In that case, maybe try it in America.  I just feel a sense of unease when European Doctors say it can't be done but a Vietnamese Doctor says it can.  It seems for the right price, anything can be done in this country.

But if you're going to do it here, at least follow the US government's guideline for approved lasers.  Or in your case, Germany approved devices.  Make sure the Vietnamese surgeon/clinic has one of these.  You don't want to blow your eyes out on some cheap Chinese made lasers.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Produ … 192109.htm

Thanks for your worries.

I already have a look of licensed eye hospitals with doctors who studied in America or Europe. I will talk to the doctors and check everything before having surgery. Also asked former patient and they all were happy.

I dont know whether you know the feeling of being dependent on glasses or contact lenses or your life. Im blind without them.

And I dont trust German Eye Doctors anymore. They are not open to anything new. They stuck to their old technologies and always say no no no.

Id rather go for the risk than not trying out. It would be great to wake up one morning and seeing something.

Tiberius Halcyon Dorianus wrote:
missmae wrote:

In that case, maybe try it in America.  I just feel a sense of unease when European Doctors say it can't be done but a Vietnamese Doctor says it can.  It seems for the right price, anything can be done in this country.

But if you're going to do it here, at least follow the US government's guideline for approved lasers.  Or in your case, Germany approved devices.  Make sure the Vietnamese surgeon/clinic has one of these.  You don't want to blow your eyes out on some cheap Chinese made lasers.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Produ … 192109.htm

MissMae,

I completely know what you mean by being dependent on contacts.  I'm -9.50 in both eyes and I literally can't see anything 2 feet in front of me when I'm not wearing my contacts.

My doctor in America advised me to wait AT LEAST until I was 25, but better off until I was around 27-28 to have corrective eye surgery because that's when most peoples eyes stop changing. I've never heard of anyone getting it done so early as Nana.

In America, as you mentioned, you can be -12 or higher and still have Lasik done.

Good Luck with your findings

Jerry

I agree that waiting is required since eyes are changing. My vision hasnt changed in two years since I started to wear hard contact lenses.
I do like them but sometimes, especially when Im on the road or traveling to dirty and dusty areas I have to take them off. The pain of a dust corn on your hard lense is incredible. It happened to me while I was driving so I prefer glasses or soft lenses. However soft lenses are nor recommended with  -10 :( And my glasses are really really heavy. They slip all the time on my tiny Asian nose:(

I do think its weird that Nana got it done so early. Will there be no aftermath if here eyes keep changing.

I really wanna do a correction of my vision. Its not for my vanity cause I like myself with glasses. Its just a really dont wanna worry about forgetting my lenses and solutions when I stay overnight. In addition I cant wear my hard lenses in Saigon because its so dusty.

In addition is really cheap compared to Germany where you pay 4000 Euro at least. I dont have that much money to spend.

Thanks everybody for your advices. I really appreciate it:)

i did it at this place yesterday.  It went without any problems except a long waiting time.  i paid 21 million dong,  and after 1 day my eyes are healing good and i can see quite good.

nana91 wrote:

Hey Hey,. no.... please dont! i have experience on LASIK as i had a LASIK surgery when i was 18 ages, i recommend you should go to Ho chi Minh city eyes Hospital ( Saint Paul)
Address: 280 Điện Biên Phủ, phường 7, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
Phone:39326732
it's belong to gorvernment ( iam sorry i dont know what it exactly called) , it's good at  LASIK.

at this place

I think that I consider getting this done here in Saigon at Cao Thang International Eye Hospital in District 5.

missmae wrote:

Hey guys!

Prices and Website

Hi Missmae, what did you end up doing in the end? Which hospital? Everything went well?

Cheers

Care to share the cost and later, how it went?

Is it safe to get lasik done so cheap? I've always heard eye doctors in the state telling patients to stay away from cheap lasik places, and only go to the top of the line ones which can run about 7k per eye.

You should go to Vietnam Eyes Hospital in Hanoi... The biggest hospital!

they do not believe in his eye hospital in Vietnam is very central eye hospital in Hanoi.