Afriqiyah Plane Crash

Anyone hear anything about this? Hearing news that airbus 330 crashed this morning 8-10 kms from Tripoli airport in fog?

May 12 (Reuters) - A passenger plane crashed in Libya on Wednesday, killing 105 people, Al Arabiya television said, citing official sources.

It identified the plane as Libyan but gave no other details.

May 12 [BBC] - The Afriqiyah Airways flight from Johannesburg had been due to land at 0610 local (0410 GMT), they said. The plane crashed close to the airport.

According to airline officials, the 94 passengers on board the Airbus 330 are of various nationalities, including British and South African.

The 11 crew on board were all believed to be Libyan nationals.

Libya plane crash 'kills all 105 on board'

A commercial passenger plane has crashed in Libya, killing all 105 people on board, airport officials say.
The Afriqiyah Airways flight from Johannesburg had been due to land at 0610 local (0410 GMT), they said. The plane crashed close to the airport.
According to airline officials, the 94 passengers on board the Airbus 330 are of various nationalities, including British and South African.
The 11 crew on board were all believed to be Libyan nationals.
BBC News website

"The BBC's Rana Jawad in Tripoli says it was not clear whether the plane was on the runway when it crashed, but she says that people she spoke to at the airport said they could not see the plane.

Ambulances have been going back and forth to the airport, our correspondent says.

She adds that the weather has been sunny and clear over the past few days."

It's a wonder why they aint no pics of the plane crash yet.

Just hearing 104 dead and one survivor. A dutch child apparently.

bad news it is horrible crash

Saw some pics on this site:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37100560/

A jetliner carrying more than 100 people crashed as it attempted to land in Libya Wednesday, killing everyone on board except for a child, officials said.

Afriqiyah Airways said that 104 people were on board flight 771 from Johannesburg to Tripoli.

Libyan transport minister Mohamed Zidan said that at least 96 people died in the crash, but confirmed one child survived.

The Times newspaper in South Africa quoted an airline employee as saying: "All we can say right now is that the plane crash landed on its final attempt to land."

Short Clip

http://edition.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v … h.cnn.html

2 survive , not one

My thoughts and prayers are with all the families after this tragic event.

I read the headlines in our local paper today here in Canada! My heart sank! Horrible tragic... How did that happen!
I hope that little boy will be ok, its a miracle. Our prayers go out from here for the souls, families and those affected in such a devastating time.

Tragic plane crash.  I know there is a miracle young dutch survivor,was there originally 2 survivors?  Does anyone know was there another person that survived?

It's only the Dutch boy survived the crash.