Bali Expat saying hi

I would just to like to say hello to everyone on the forum. I have been in Bali for many years and anyone wishing to contact me regarding anything 'Bali' is more than welcome to do so.

Nice to meet you all :)

Hi John,

I've been to Bali 6 times. It is one of my favourite places ever. How are you managing to make a permanent home of it there if you don't mind me asking? I'd consider doing the same... Even a few years in Ubud would be right up my alley. Just don't know how I could afford it, but sometimes wonder how I can afford not to as well :)...

Richard.

Hi Merlin (are you a magician? he-he)

Well it hasn't all been roses. I came here about 11 years back and invested my money in a Karaoke bar with an Indonesian partner which did well but he dissapeard with the money and sold the building after a while leaving me with nothing so I had to start from scratch. Managed to get a job with a Singaporean marketing company and have been there seven years now. Currently looking for an investor to set up a concept bar/cafe here. Got married and have two kids now and I love Bali.

My advice always to anyone who comes here is you MUST do something. Lazing around everyday in bars will kill you and I've seen it happen many times.

Living in a place is much different from visiting and I wish you well with your dreams