Cell phone repair

Anyone know of a good cell phone repair shop in or near the Bawadi district???? My 3 month old HTC is having major issues!!!!

Don't you have a warrantee?

Think so for a year.

Hello stressedmom
I suggest taking to where you purchased it from. I'm assuming Jarir bookstore, if so go see them and they would probably replace it for you.
Till then just sip on some chai tea and relax a bit momma

LB

If you didn't try to smash it into anything :) (I mean nothing has been done to it per the warrantee constraints), why don't you take it to from whereever you purchased it?

Local Brownie you are correct I got it from Jarir. I will try that.

It has been dropped by my children, but that was within 2 weeks of buying it and hadn't caused problems. Right now I keep having screen shots taken when I hit the home button to go the main screen & I have to pry the back off to push in the power button. It is sticking.

stressedmom wrote:

It has been dropped by my children, but that was within 2 weeks of buying it and hadn't caused problems. Right now I keep having screen shots taken when I hit the home button to go the main screen & I have to pry the back off to push in the power button. It is sticking.

My guess its a combined problem of hardwear and softwear. If thats true then in all probability they will give you a new one. What model is it?

:lol: *hardware and software; unless there is really something in the phone about wear-and-tear

It is a desire (TLL insert joke here). I won't need original packaging & receipt will I???? They have disappeared & of course we paid cash

TheLegendLeads wrote:

:lol: *hardware and software; unless there is really something in the phone about wear-and-tear

:dumbom:
I cant believe I spelled it that way, I majored in E-COMMERCE to boot!! :lol:

stressedmom wrote:

It is a desire (TLL insert joke here). I won't need original packaging & receipt will I???? They have disappeared & of course we paid cash

I think you may not need it because they usually scan the tag on the box at the time of purchasing the phone. So they already have the info on it. But just in case get them with you.

And considering my aweful spelling mistake earlier i think i lost all of my joking privileges :p

I doubt they will do anything without the original receipt, that's like a universal rule.

Always keep receipts for the warranty duration!  Keep them all together in a box placed high, on top of a wardrobe for example, and then you never have to worry about losing them! :)

Good luck!

If no luck with where you got it, take it to Axiom.  They do repairs.  There are many branches.  One is in Salama Center on Prince Sultan st.  One is in the dome Center Point, also on the same st.

Make sure you transfer any pics/videos to your laptop before you take it.

Trape I thought I had the box or at least the receipt. I looked in all the places I would have thought I put it and can't find it. Either it is somewhere I hadn't thought of yet or my kids did something to it. We also just had a maid start & she might have tossed it.

I will try Axiom though. I think I have seen a shop or two.

Try Jarir first, maybe they can track the purchase through the serial number of the phone.  Probably not, but doesn't hurt to try.

Trapezius wrote:

Always keep receipts for the warranty duration!  Keep them all together in a box placed high, on top of a wardrobe for example, and then you never have to worry about losing them! :)

I'll give you another little tip:  PHOTOCOPY the receipt, as well, and keep it in that box.  I have noticed that the ink on receipts is made to fade away to totally illegible within a year or two.  So you pull out your receipt and guess what?  You have a small blank strip of paper that doesn't prove anything!

Alliecat wrote:

I'll give you another little tip:  PHOTOCOPY the receipt, as well, and keep it in that box.  I have noticed that the ink on receipts is made to fade away to totally illegible within a year or two.  So you pull out your receipt and guess what?  You have a small blank strip of paper that doesn't prove anything!

Very good point.
(Though the ink is really NOT made to fade away. No ink is used in those delible receipts in fact. The paper is of special kind (thermal paper) and those compact printers just beam heat onto the paper). It helps saving them on printing at the cost of longstanding.

A handy way: stores like Jarir, eXtra etc has facility of getting you an additional larger (letter) size receipt on request. Just stop by the customer service counter and ask for it. Good for record keeping and warrantee purposes.

Alliecat wrote:
Trapezius wrote:

They had it cooking! those crooked merchants! :mad:

Popolocroix wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
Trapezius wrote:

They had it cooking! those crooked merchants! :mad:

I believe in conspiracies!  I think it's disappearing ink!!! :mad:

Alliecat wrote:

I think that it was done at first to save money by using cheap ink, but then it yielded greater benefits to big corporate and we all know too well that big corporate would NEVER use underhanded techniques to increase profits, so they are only using it because it is cheap ink... thats all

LB

@LB  yes.. of course.. ;)

Alliecat wrote:

@LB  yes.. of course.. ;)

Thanks for not thinking of it as a kind of magic :P

Local Brownie wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

I think that it was done at first to save money by using cheap ink, but then it yielded greater benefits to big corporate and we all know too well that big corporate would NEVER use underhanded techniques to increase profits, so they are only using it because it is cheap ink... thats all

LB

Seems you overlooked my comment above. Thermal printers don't use ANY kind of ink cartridges.

Try to touch a useless invoice with a flame. You'll be amazed of results if you've never done that :)

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Local Brownie wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

LB

Seems you overlooked my comment above. Thermal printers don't use ANY kind of ink cartridges.

Try to touch a useless invoice with a flame. You'll be amazed of results if you've never done that :)

We were being sarcastic buddy, that is all :top:

Local Brownie wrote:
TheLegendLeads wrote:
Local Brownie wrote:

LB

We were being sarcastic buddy, that is all :top:

Well, *you* were.  I was serious lol  BUT then let me say this, to appease TLL:  okay, the complete fade-out in a year or less may be due to the paper--BUT--then it serves a DUAL purpose;  ie. cheaper AND people don't have a receipt if they need it! :P

Alliecat wrote:

okay, the complete fade-out in a year or less may be due to the paper--BUT--then it serves a DUAL purpose;  ie. cheaper AND people don't have a receipt if they need it! :P

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone --- Al Capone

;)

@Alliecat I honestly thought you were kidding. But regardless, I love how this thread shifted from fixing cell phones to quoting Al Capone :lol:

Hi everybody,

Please note that the initial subject of this discussion is Cell phone repair created by the member stressedmom.

It will also be nice if you can avoid going off topic. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Priscilla wrote:

Please note that the initial subject of this discussion is Cell phone repair created by the member stressedmom.

That issue was resolved. We are celebrating now :D

Yes, we have been off-topic.

Allie, YOU started that :joking::offtopic:

TheLegendLeads wrote:
Priscilla wrote:

That issue was resolved. We are celebrating now :D

Yes, we have been off-topic.

Allie, YOU started that :joking::offtopic:

Actually, my comments WERE on topic since it all goes back to stressedmom saying she can't find the receipt.  Trapezius gave advice on saving receipts and I gave information on being able to actually READ the receipts you save after a year.

The thread went off topic when somebody quoted Al Capone :P

Well, she never asked for tips whatsoever :):/ By the way, this is the second time today you've mentioned me like someone/somebody. Come on, I've a name... Oh I mean ID :P

Maybe she didn't ask for tips, but having lost the receipt rather begged for advice, which somebody gave her.

:sick somebody hates somebody now

TheLegendLeads wrote:

:sick somebody hates somebody now

Dude, that somebody was Trapezious, not YOU! :dumbom:

I hate that somebody who started like: I'll give you a little tip

Thank you for the entertainment after the fact!!

By the way found the box, hubby put it up to high for me to see & then added clothes in front of it. Going to Jarir in the next few days!

aahhh
I love me a happy ending
I bet you embraced that box for a minute before rummaging through it for the receipt :lol:

And don't forget to photocopy that receipt now! :D

TheLegendLeads wrote:

I hate that somebody who started like: I'll give you a little tip

Nice try but everybody knows you love me :)

Alliecat wrote:

And don't forget to photocopy that receipt now! :D

haha why? she's going to the store and they gonna give her a new phone and a new receipt.
but photocopy the new one:P