Statoil will terminate almost 200 apartment's leases for January 2014

Hi Stavanger folks
Many rumors are circulating those days about the Statoil cost saving initiative, and its impact on the rent prices in Stavanger
Please, anyone to confirm or give more detail about the info !!??

is the economy that bad as of now?

The economy isn't that bad, but it seems that they need more cash flow to finance a future projects !!

My concern is that if this action will have an impact on the real estate market!!??

I am not sure whether this only will have an impact on the rental market. Most of the employees will have to find a rent by themselves anyway. However, many say that property market is in a buble state in Norway and it may deflate soon.

I agree that this event will affect mainly the rental market, but many people owning houses in Stavanger just for company lease's purposes, and they may sell just to avoid extra charges, I hope!!!

Well that could be good news for the soaring rental market in Stavengar, isn it ?

Hi People if you want to stay current with news in Norway head to thelocal.no/page/view/national

I read that Statoil have just found a 25m - 75m barrel well of oil and gas and its selling at $100 a barrel right now so i think they will be safe

The housing market in Norway has always been a joke 45% of houses built last year were not needed. when you think the average child per couple is still just 1.5 its stupid to even build houses unless you get more of us skilled non Norwegians to fill them