Children's Table & Chair

I am desperate to find a small table and chair for a child.

I've looked at Toys R Us, Home Store, Home Centre, and a couple other shops I stumbled across, but I can't find anything close to what I'm looking for. It must be available - I just don't know where.

Previously I got one at Ikea, but there isn't one here.

If you know where I can get something similar, please let me know!

Here are images of what I'm after:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/kritter-childrens-table__0096635_PE236606_S4.JPG
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/images/products/kritter-childrens-chair__0096632_PE236603_S4.JPG

Mums in Bahrain classified Facebook page.

There is someone who does Ikea runs to Saudi and I hear he/she is fantastic.  Look on MIB - search for Mazen Saif.  They will be able to help you.

Jo I thought you had the details of a carpenter. Do you think he can help him out with this?

There are a few furniture stores down the highway leading from Salmaniya to Isa Town. Maybe we could check there, Stakan.

Now for something totally off topic - but I have to say this: brightonguy is on post number 999 :)

Here's to many more 999s :)

Hi Stakan

I did send you the number of my carpenter on MIB on facebook. He will make this for you really cheaply and very quickly. Exactly to your specification from good quality, solid wood

Hi Jo,

Yes, I spoke to Babu today. I sent him a photo with dimensions and he said he would call me back to tell me what he could do. He didn't call yet, but I am sure he will. It is just that I am pretty desperate for it, as my son arrives tomorrow night and the flat we are staying in doesn't even have a table and chairs of any kind. Not very convenient for feeding a child! I realize I can't expect it that fast, but I'm hoping he gets back to me soon.

Thanks.

I've just text him too to remind him. He isn't forgetful but he doesn't like to contact people until he has an answer. How old is your son? I have a table and chair he can use until you are sorted out. Depends on his size (Babu just replied that he will get back to you asap)

Thanks Jo!

My son is 3.5 years, but he is big for his age. He is the size of an average 5 year old.

I look forward to hearing from Babu.

If you don't get the table sorted then PM me and come and borrow this one, if a little high then a kiddy booster seat can be fitted to the chair easily. Jo

Glad to see the carpenter is trying to help.

Stakan, Jo, why don't you ask Babu and say can I share your phone number here on Expat-blog? I'm sure he'll be happy to potentially have more customers via this website.

brightonguy wrote:

Glad to see the carpenter is trying to help.

Stakan, Jo, why don't you ask Babu and say can I share your phone number here on Expat-blog? I'm sure he'll be happy to potentially have more customers via this website.

I know Babu's work and will recommend accordingly as per his request. He likes to be recommended on a job by job basis. Thanks for the thought though but he already blames me for making him too busy :)

Shame :) It's good to see he's got enough jobs keeping him busy.