US Expat in Cali

Hi everyone, I'm been living in Cali off/on for the last  few years.... I would love to meet some English speaking peeps!!!! I live on the south side of Cali close to Jardin Plaza. Love to meet other couples and singles to socialize, and maybe network.... I thought I would blend into the way of life here, but there times I just miss the "other world", ways of life.... Hope to hear from you all....

Ger

Hey my name is Jerry. I saw your profile and it seems like are situations are pretty similar. I am from the California USA but I have been living in Cali, Colombia off and on for the last 21/2 years. I have traveled and lived in Mexico, Costa Rica and Panama during this same time frame. I don't work so I have a lot of free time. I am currently living in the south near Jardin Plaza and El Molino Gymnasio. I speak English and pretty good Spanish. I would like to find someone to hang out with on occasions and speak some English (I am sure you know what I mean!!). I hope that we can hook up.

Hey Jerry,

How are you? I think we must be neighbors...

I live just down the street from El Molino Gymnasio (and I work out there too). I live in the apartment building right across the street from Super Alejo supermarket.

Of course I speak English and "ok" Spanish... would be great to meet you. You can reach me via e-mail ***

Talk soon, George

yes neighbors. I live in Rio apartamentos directly across the street from El Molino and work out there too.
my # *** and I have WhatsApp also.

Hey Jerry,

I like El Rio... been  there a couple of times recently... looking at apartments to rent... there seems to be a few extranjeros living there....

don't have whatsapp at the moment... just  the cell... perhaps a coffee tomorrow?

George

I am busy in the AM tomorrow but I could meet you at Juan Valdez in Jardin Plaza between 12:30 and 1PM if that works fro you. Let me know.

Jerry-

Or I could even meet you @ the Panaderia on the corner across from Super Alejo at about the same time (12:30 - 1PM) if that is easier for you. Let me know.

Jerry-

Ok Jerry

C U @ Jardin Plaza/Juan Valdez at 1230 manana.

Call or text me if there is  a problem and you can't make it.

Buenas noches, George

Opps... Even Better... Panaderia  (Xocholata), across from Alejo Grocery Store - 1230/manana

Call or text me if there is  a problem and you can't make it.

Buenas noches, George

iam presently in cali, my whatsapp is 1-510-517-2197, willing to meet expats here in cali, I am in the south near jardin plaza

where in cali does most expats hang out? any real good safe night life

hey - I too am in cali (american) - live near Jardin Plaza

hey guys not sure what gym you guys are talking about but would be interested if the price, equipment and of course the view is good.. Im in Melendez area near that military base.....Recently moved to Cali (south) a month ago trying to stay busy with gym and flatting the streets by a lot of walking. Looking to meet other expats maybe for a drink and exchange info about travels and Cali. Im from Maryland ex Military(82nd) just in need to keep my days busy.

there are many places i guess you should hear by now .granada , menga everyone is safe depends only who you are with ,, hit me upo ***

Im near san alejo and all that ..Terrazas de jardin ..I like to network and create opportunity in this beautiful city where i was born ..so anyone interested feel free.. (moderated: avoid leaving your phone number here please)

hello my name is Dany and I will not deny I'm a little afraid of this new beginning in my life as my dependent my wife and four children but I have faith in God that I will put right people in my way...... I go to Cali with my hands my tools and my desire to work and be happy with my family

Yes, by all means, I really do know how you feel... this is my country... Colombia .....this is my city.... Cali.... but why do I feel like a foreigner?..... let's chat and maybe meet and laugh....

If anyone in this thread is still in Cali and wants to join our tiny, just starting, group of expats for offline meetings, send a friend request and I'll fill you in on the details.

Mauricio2014 wrote:

Im near san alejo and all that ..Terrazas de jardin ..I like to network and create opportunity in this beautiful city where i was born ..

(moderated: avoid leaving your phone number here please)

Please use the PM function available at any poster's avatar to exchange personal contact information.

The Home Office supports Expat meetups and personal contacts but not directly on the forum .. for security reasons.