Applied for e residence card but got no receipt !

Hi
Myself and my husband recently applied in person for the residence cards but they just said they would be in touch when they are ready, we got no receipt so we have nothing to show that we have applied! Is that ok or should I go back there ? It's been 5 weeks .

If you want a receipt you should have insisted at the time, you may get on if you go back now. You may have to give a compelling reason why you need one.
Not sure how long the waiting time is for the card now, but I guess if you have not had a notification after three months then its worth enquiring.

Terry

I had to insist that I had one at the time otherwise they wouldn't give them out any more, these aren't the original blue? Ones with your number on that would become your number if accepted this is just a paper receipt stamped and dated with the civil servants grumpily added signature.

As Terry says you may get one retrospectively we were told a couple of weeks ago it could still take up to 5 months to come through ,the official said 3 to 4 ,"unless we lose your application." :)

JayJay1970 wrote:

I had to insist that I had one at the time otherwise they wouldn't give them out any more, these aren't the original blue? Ones with your number on that would become your number if accepted this is just a paper receipt stamped and dated with the civil servants grumpily added signature.

As Terry says you may get one retrospectively we were told a couple of weeks ago it could still take up to 5 months to come through ,the official said 3 to 4 ,"unless we lose your application." :)

The blue ones with photo and number are temporary ID cards and may be used for all purposes that the plastic card is used for. There should be an accompanying letter stating this.

The other receipt given merely informs you not to hassle them and that all will be done in due course. It is of no use whatsoever as there is no reference on it to any individual application.

That is my experience.

I applied for a work permit in Malta and got the blue paper (receipt) am i allowed to work with this paper while my ID card is issued?