Do I need a work permit?

Hi everybody,

Please, if I own a business ( e-commerce; so, I'm the only owner, no partnership. In that case, do I need Work permit ?

For the Residence permit can I taket it minimum 1 year and then I will renew?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Hello everyone, I have a similar question. If you want to move to Istanbul for 1 year, is it possible to keep on working for an employer in your home country? Do you need a work permit to get a residence permit? Can you extend that residence permit after one year?

What kind of business u will do here? Explain more please

Cuz i didnt get the e commerce thing

Hello..

@ Adelaidée : If you do any kind of e-commerce (like buying selling online, etc) then you cannot get work-permit because you will not have a registered company in Turkey. Apparently you will not get residence permit.

@ pluche : You can get a 6 months tourist residence permit and you cannot extend its duration.  Yes, can continue working in the company based anywhere outside of Turkey. Yes you need a work permit and for that you must find a job in Turkey. After getting work permit you can apply for residence permit and you cannot extend its duration.  Yes, can continue working in the company based anywhere outside of Turkey. Yes you need a work permit and for that you must find a job in Turkey. After getting work permit you can apply for residence permit.

Hi

You both do not require work permits since the companies you work for are online & foreign. A residence permit can be attained by simply applying for it. Once you qualify you will either get a 3 month permit or a 1 year permit. A healthy bank account equals a Turkish Residence permit. They want to make sure you can support yourself for the duration of your stay which is reasonable.

Hi Yogita,
What would be the category of that residence permit ? Touristic ?

YogitaD wrote:

Hi

You both do not require work permits since the companies you work for are online & foreign. A residence permit can be attained by simply applying for it. Once you qualify you will either get a 3 month permit or a 1 year permit. A healthy bank account equals a Turkish Residence permit. They want to make sure you can support yourself for the duration of your stay which is reasonable.

If the reason for your stay in Turkey is touristic you will be granted the 3 month residence permit which can be renewed for another 3 months.

If your reason is because of your fiance/girlfriend/boyfriend you will be extended 1 year after the 3 months.

If your reason is to find work & you have the qualifications then you'll either be given 3 months or the 1 year residency. This ws the way I got residency after being here on a visitors visa.

Thank you so much for your help!! Now it's clear to me :)

Hello pluche,

I CAN t answer your private message , you mail box is full!!!!!!

Ooh I see, I'll clear it up! :)