ATM/Debit card warning

PEOPLE PLEASE check your expiration date and try to leave your ATM/debit card at home if you are not going to withdraw right then. I have never lost my wallet before this but this is my story.

I went to Gaisano Mall anparked. They gave me a parking stub for my motorcycle which I placed in my wallet. When I returned and produced my stub, I placed my wallet back in my pocket but I did not notice my shirt was tucked in a little as well. While driving home, iI felt my shirt pulling and tuged it out of my pocket and continued driving home where I found my wallet missing. Every card I had was gone in a second and now I had no way to get my own money. The only thing that saved me was I had my cell number in there and someone actoualy returned all my cards minus 1000 peso (the cash) and the wallet its self.

So this is what I learned!
Leave all noneessential cards at home
I now carry a bag with me with copies of information if nneeded.
My US bank will NOT send me a new ATM/debit card here.
BecauseI signed up for Western Union before I left, I was able to send a small amount of funds to myself (do not send a lot or they will freeze it and hold it for a week)
When I go back to USA, I will update every ID/card I can so I have the longest expiration date posable.

If anyone has suggestions, please post because this is stuff i never thought about till it happened to me!
Keeping a friend/family member's address for my own address with my bank would have saved my butt, so iI will also do that.

leebeme wrote:

Keeping a friend/family member's address for my own address with my bank would have saved my butt, so iI will also do that.

G'day leebeme,

firstly sorry to hear about your misfortune, just glad it went sort of okay in the end, and thanks much for the tips. 

One quick question, regards your tip above ^^, I take it you mean use a friends/family address as your postal address for your bank cards so that if you happen to lose your card/s again then when they (friends/family) receive it they can send it to you?

Cheers

Exactly what I mean because $1000USD is a lot just to pick up another card

leebeme wrote:

Exactly what I mean because $1000USD is a lot just to pick up another card

leebemeYesterday 16:11:16.

""someone actoualy returned all my cards minus 1000 peso (the cash) and the wallet its self.""

Peso or Dollars?

1000 Peso was all that was in my wallet but in order to replace my debit card I would have tofly back to america at a cost of $1000 us dollars and that is only one way