Telecommunication distress

Hello friends
I have reached Muscat day before yesterday.
Good news I am joining Royal Hospital Mus at and so staying here.
   Bad news..... it is burning a hole in my pocket calling India and yes even with that 0902 thing Nawras has. Any help on this one?
Other most important one... NO INTERNET. I am writing this from Costa coffee wi fi. Please give me knowhow of Unlimited internet please. Mobile or laptop preffered as I do not know my accommodation yet so home broadband is not an option now.
Please help.
I dont know when I will be receiving the answers but maybe over costas again.
Thsnks guys and njoy the long weekend.

Hi dr_aich,

Welcome to Oman. Find below some suggestions for your queries :

Use VoIP to making inexpensive calls to back home. For 520 minutes of talk time it will cost you just about R.O. 3.200. Numerous downloadable VoIP clients are available online like Mobeely, HelloByte, Mobinor, SoftCall, et al. Or get someone who already has it to assist you. Mobile shops across Muscat also deal with VoIP, albeit surreptitiously, since it is banned and it's usage illegal here.

For internet connectivity walk into any of the Omantel (preferred) and Nawras outlets and ask them to suggest the best internet option for you - Mobile, as well as Laptop - depending on your usage pattern. USB Dongle is to me the simplest connectivity method till such time you properly settle down.

Good luck and enjoy your stay in the Sultanate.

Thanks Mr Sumitran. As  always  your tips are amazing.