Looking for job opportunities in Perth

Hi,

I'm interested to find a decent paying job in Perth with a view for relocation/migration in the near future (I have 2 young children aged 6 and 7). However I have not been successful in finding a suitable employment. I have been working in a telco for the past 12 years and have prior business and consultancy background. I accept that I may need to change industries or try something completely different. Appreciate if anyone could advise on job opportunities.

KPH

Hi KPH,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As your post was off topic, a new discussion has been created with it on the Perth forum for more visibility and for more interaction with the other members.

I suggest you to post a detailed ad in the Jobs in Perth section please. It may help you. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

KPH1 
You will need a visa
The first thing to do is go online to www.immi.gov.au
This is the Government immigration website which will give you all the information regarding visas, work permits etc.
There is a list of skills that the Government wants and if your skills are there then you will get preference. 

Visas are issued on a points system so the more qualifications you have the more points you get towards the visa. All qualifications must be verifiable.

Just remember that no visa no job. And companies prefer to give jobs to locals first as unemployment is rising here and it is very costly for companies to sponsor overseas workers.

Australia is not a cheap country to live in
For cost of living www.numbeo.com 

Sorry to sound so negative but I am presenting the facts to you as they are and not as other people see them through rose tinted glasses.

I know this message is considered off topic, but jobs in Perth seems a little out-of-date... At least for the IT positions ...

Sad...

ghcamillo wrote:

I know this message is considered off topic, but jobs in Perth seems a little out-of-date... At least for the IT positions ...

Sad...

What exactly do you mean by out of date ??

I meant that most of the job offers are in average 2 months old ...

This isn't a criticism, just a statement.
:(

Depends what website you are using.
Try www.seek.com.au

Some advertisements may well be old but they are kept on until the job is filled.
Sometimes employers use an ad as a 'fishing' expedition  to see what talent is out there and then keep their CV on file so if they do get more work they can contact people.

Got it ...
I'll try to apply to it then ...

Thanks ...

You should first check out www.immi.gov.au for information on visas
before applying for work.