Hoping to be an expat in malta

Hi my name is deb. my husband and I have found malta and its the only place we return to , visiting 2 or 3 times a year. We hope to move there within the next year. I am a nurse and hope to find work , while my husband is involved in motorsports and classic cars. I've had a look round the site  and I've found a job I will be applying for. look forward to chat and friendship . thanks for being here. deb x

Welcome, loads of classic cars on Malta.

Merħba. As Terry says lots of classic cares here, wonderful the way they are maintained. A fantastic health system too and Mater Dei hospital is like a starship!! Fantastic staff and on Gozo too at GGH. As frequent visitors you will no doubt be fully 'up to speed' on things here but please just ask. :)

Welcome Debs, we move mid Jan. Best of luck with all your plans.

Ken

redmik wrote:

wonderful the way they are maintained.

That's the point, a lot of Maltese have (or know someone who has) good skills in restoration and maintenance of classic vehicles, and most of them do it as hobby in their own garage or run a small business :D

Finding a job in this sector is nearly impossible, only if you open your own business ... but even then it's not easy to make money from this, because - see above ;)

But as qualified car mechanic it should be possible to get a job here.

Plus all the Maltese think they are formula 1 drivers.

that's what brought us over, we came for the classic car grand prix when it was held in Valetta. got to keep hubby happy lol

hes going to be pottering, we've done the businesses, now its time to smell the roses. In saying that he would never survive without oil on his hands. x

ha ha, so true

wow so exciting, good luck.

not up to speed, but getting there. we did live in America for 10 years so we have been expats before. Malta just sems to have it all , for us.