New Passport

Hi,

so now my visa is fine, but I now need a new Passport. I know as a British Citizen I have to send it to Hong Kong. Can anyone tell me the quickest way to go about this please and how long it takes?

I can pay credit card, I have all my documents and photographs (not Photoshopped) So I'm ready to send it away just need to do it quickly as possible. 

Also does anyone know if you can get a new passport at the British Embassy in Cambodia, Phnom Penh?

Any advice much appreciated.

Jools

joolsd wrote:

Hi,

so now my visa is fine, but I now need a new Passport. I know as a British Citizen I have to send it to Hong Kong. Can anyone tell me the quickest way to go about this please and how long it takes?

I can pay credit card, I have all my documents and photographs (not Photoshopped) So I'm ready to send it away just need to do it quickly as possible. 

Also does anyone know if you can get a new passport at the British Embassy in Cambodia, Phnom Penh?

Any advice much appreciated.

Jools

I don't think there are any/many British people on this site, I went through the same rigmarole last year, with getting a new NZ Passport, you are probably best to Google, ' Renewing a British Passport in VN ', ( or something like that ), if they are anything like NZ, the rules can change every year or so, i.e, I had to find someone with a CURRENT NZ passport, ( now NZ only has 5 yr Bio Passports, at the same price as the old 10 yr ones, so many people let theirs lapse ).  Good luck.

Can't you just go to the British consulate or embassy?

No, they don't issue new UK passports in Vietnam, haven't a clue why, I'm thinking they call it centralization, via Hong Kong..??

joolsd wrote:

No, they don't issue new UK passports in Vietnam, haven't a clue why, I'm thinking they call it centralization, via Hong Kong..??

Same with NZ, ( send to Wellington ), by the time I got F***8d around trying to get the right info, I was forced to pay practically double the normal fee, ( with 90 days visa renewals , it made it difficult to do well in advance ).

Sorry to hear that.  My partner got his renewed in Saigon at the consulate,

Mine is good through 2020, a time I can't even begin to foresee, things could be so different.

Gee, thats really bizarre.

It's bad that you cannot apply here in Vietnam!
I got my PP from HCMC Consulate within 15 days!