[Expat Blog Meet up] 22nd of May

Hi All,

This month Bob67 (french forum) proposed to organize the meet up as I will personally be very busy and even probably not be able to participate! I will only liaise with this forum when needed.

This event will be organized on the west coast in conjunction with Ty 5also from the french forum) who proposed an activity in the morning in Flic en Flac followed up by a BBQ on the beach.

Here's what they are upto:

Ty proposes an initiation in abseiling through a little waterfall located near the sea at Flic en Flac (Ty and his wife Faby are professionals and starting an activity in this domain in Mauritius).

Those who don't feel like participating in this activity could do it by foot or stay near the pool at their house.

The abseiling activity would be done by groups of about 7 ppl and is offered free of charge by Ty's copmpany.

Around noon or 1:00pm (depending on the number of groups, you'll head to the beach for aperitives and BBQ.

Each one would bring his food and drinks on the principle of bring and share.

If you come to the meetup please reply to this post, and state clearly if you will be participating to the abseiling activity. Ty needs to know in order to prepare the necessary equipment!

Thank you for the translation :)

sounds like fun. count me in even for the abseiling

You can take a look at the end of this post to see who will come to the meet up:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 085#112834

So Guys,

Here's an update on the activity proposed by Ty&Faby:

As the number of participants might be important on the "initiation in abseiling", we propose to organize three groups so as not to block the timining for the BBQ:

- First group at 8:00 am
- Second group at 9:00 am
- Last group at 10:00 (the latter is nearly completed so hurry up to put your name on the list)

The number of participants is limited for each of these timings, seeing the nature of the activity; so we can only take subscriptions within these limits on the first come first served basis.

So please, send uns a direct mail to Ican Tropic stating in which time slot you would like to participate.

Please bring:

- clothing such as a sport suit or shorts + T-shirt (your clothing will be wet) or some nautical clothing (shorty, licra...). Have change with you (changing room is provided).
- Sports shoes (they will also get wet!)
- Protection (suncream, mosquito cream;...)
- Water.

As indicated previously, ppl willing to do it by walking will integrate in one of the groups cited above. So you'll arrive at one of the timings and mention it on arrival.

For those who don't want to abseil or walk, the swimming pool is at your disposal.

We'll send you a map with directions before the 22nd.

Finally: with regards to insurances, normally you are covered by your social security or the insurance linked to your ATM card which normally cover sports practice and leisure activities. However we offer the possibility to those whishing to subscribe to a complimentary insurance covering leisure activities in the nature for a cost of 120 Rs.

In this case, ppl wishing to benefit of this service must address their request (with full name + birthday) by direct mail at least one week beforehand.

That's it for now, guys.

See you soon!
Fabienne & Thierry

Unquote

i m inn for 9 AM group

sure I am in Pereybere....let them contact me and will give them a lift

Here the updated list for theabseiling activity :

Group of 10:00 am, full:

Emmanuelle 1 person
Florent Demarque 3 persons
Catherine floréal : 3 persons
Florian BEIX : 1 person
Emie : 1 person
Kenzo : 1 person

Group of 9:00 am, full:

Emmanuel Trime : 1 person
Yvan Voslo : 1 person
Ben Foulger : 4 persons
Christina (arlette) : 1 person
Vishal Chandna : 1 person
Junin 01 : 2 persona

Group of 8:00 am:

Roberto : 1 person
Bertrand : 1 person
Rudy : 2 persons
Rudy "bis" : 2 persons to be confirmed

So there are still a few places free for the group of 8:00 am, hurry up if you want to participate.. contact directly Ty & Faby.

For those who will not participate in the abseiling activity, but will do either the pedestrian walk or just stay at the pool till the BBQ or even just come for the BBQ,

please send me a private message to confirm stating what you'll do!

I'll start with me: I'll go pedestrian and take pictures, LOL!

See you on the 22nd
Arlette

PS: Sending out an S.O.S. - Anybody in the North who could give a lift to
- Sekoia and 11 years old boy
- Christina and me
We have to be there by 8.45 am
Problem solved thanks to Sagoodboy!!!

Gonna miss it!! would have loved to come, unfortunately got some work on t day :(.. nwez hope every1 has fun!! Meet ya all in June :D

So guys,

Here's the latest on Next Saturday's meet up:

First of all: the timings are strict! Don't be late otherwise you'll not be able to participate in the abseiling activity! Your group will not wait for you!

Follow this link to the location map.

Ok, I just notice that the location map is in French LOL. So I'll try to make a good translation:

At the entry of Flic en Flac, immediately after the Total station, take right in the direction of "ANNA" (small sign) and go straight.

When arriving at the roundabout (the church being downside) still go straight in direction of Anna (leave the church on your leftside!) Drive about 2 more kms, and you'll see Avenue des Dauphins (last street on the left).

ICAN is on the angle of Avenue des Dauphins and the road from which you come).

OK I hope it is clear enough for you drivers!!!

Info

The group of 10 o'clock is full:

Emmanuelle 1 person
Florent Demarque 3 persons
Catherine floréal : 3 persons
Florian BEIX : 1 person
Emie : 1 person
Kenzo : 1 person

The group of 9 o'clock is full:

Emmanuel Trime : 1 person
Yvan Voslo : 1 person
Ben Foulger : 4 persons
Christina (arlette) : 1 person
Vishal Chandna : 1 person
Junin 01 : 2 persons

In the group of 8 o'clock possibility for 1 more:

Roberto : 1 person
Bertrand : 1 person
Rudy : 4 persons
Nanou : 2 persons
Virginie : 1 person

For the BBQ:

Fabienne is I bringing the barbecue, ice cubes, glasses and plates.

You can bring some drinks and food and we will share with everybody (bring and share). And in the worth case if we missed something, we will be at 500m from the Spar.

Don't forget the dessert.

See you Saturday

Here's the Meet up 22nd of May - location map

There are pins for the
- Abseiling activity (activité du matin)
- Total service station
- Spar
- Manissa Hotel
- and finally one: "You went to far, turn around!" LOL (Tu es allé trop loin, il est temps de faire demi-tour!)

The BBQ spot is easy to find: go straight along the beach, pass-by Manissa Hotel. The parking is about 100 m after the brown building further up.

If you reach the Wolmar and the hôtels, well you went to far!

Last minute information:

There is a possibility to take more ppl in the following groups due to some cancellation this afternoon:

1 à 2 persons in the group of 8 o'clock
1 à 2 persons in the group of 9 o'clock
3 à 4 persons in the group of 10 o'clock

Kindly get in touch with Ty&Faby (their email address is in one of the previous messages)

First of all I would like to thank Thierry and Fabienne to have organized this initiation to abseiling and of course Bob for his part of collaboration.

I'm sure everybody will keep a very good impression of the day!

Regarding the pictures, they are being uploaded right now. Upon request of one of the particpants, I will keep the album private. So if you were there and want the pics, send me a private message with your email address and I'll send you the link to download them.

Just wanted to say thanks for organising this, we had a great time.  Sorry we were a bit quiet at the start, the language was a bit of a problem but, again, thank you to everyone for making us feel welcome and doing their best to understand and chat to us!  We start our French classes today so hopefully next time we will have a few more words to use...

Ben/Brigi/Eszter/Peter

hi

hey thanks everyone related to this blog and the event organized and well coordinated by many many people..:))

it was really adventurous and had gr8 fun later in the barbeque after a real adventure activity..

Arlette i guess u mentioned you are leaving for Dubai after this month so its is indeed a real nice meet up.. and its gr8 you made it...being busy,,,

thanks you Arlette to help me for the directions and waiting for me,.;) to all of you..

and i apologizes for leaving a bit early as i had to fetch few friends from the airport...

Jaden even i feel the same... being language prob..but till the time i was there we had a good discussion n it was gr8 fun..

hope to see you all guys very soon for our June Meet up...

and keep in touch thru mails calls text etc...

Cheers
Vishal :))

hi,

it's a great pleasure to meet you.a language is a problem for us... like for me, because i don't speak english fluently but I try.
smile is just a good communication...lol

Thank you to everyone who made the day...I realy enjoyed it and ate too much

The day ended even better withmy team(BULLS) making it to the finals of the Super 14 for the 3rd time in 4 years

See you at the next get together

Ivan

sagoodboy10 wrote:

The day ended even better withmy team(BULLS) making it to the finals of the Super 14 for the 3rd time in 4 years

:one:up:

A little slide show and pictures of the expat-blog day are available at:
expat 22 05 10

If the link does not work please contact us for the address of the site.

(excuse for my English) :rolleyes:

PS: search young woman with glasses on photography
You can contact us directly please?
thank you

Ty & Faby