Possible move to New Cairo

My husband has  an interview for a job in New Cairo this week. After seeing and reading the news I would like advice from people who actually live in the city on whether it would be a dangerous place for us to move to? I currently live in Bangkok and in the last few weeks there have been many protests here but no sense of danger for others. Would it be dangerous to bring my children to New Cairo to live?

you may want to go and check it out for yourself for a few weeks. It's not safe in many areas so you need to be very careful as to where you choose to live. Don't believe everything you hear as you will need to make your own assessment as to how 'safe' you feel when you are there. I lived in Rehab City for a year and the problem with that is that you have NO Idea what's going on in the rest of cairo when you're there. it's very segregated from the rest of cairo. So you're left with the illusion of safety when you're really imprisoned in one section of cairo. I wouldn't recommend going to Egypt right now but don't go by what other people think or feel. check it out yourself and make your own assessment of the situation. Good Luck!

I am an expat living in Rehab city which is a part of new Cairo and it is safe place to live and for schooling.

Regards

Denny Mathew

Hi,
you can bring your family and come it's safe here .I live in alexandria and always move from place to another for my trade so don't worry we still alive many forigners here in egypt in every where
with the best wishes for your new life in Egypt
Ahmed shousha