Moving to South London - Lambeth, Wandsworth, Southwark

Hi, I've been offered a job teaching in schools in Lambeth, Wandsworth and the Southwark boroughs of London.  Any idea what these areas are like, and what would be the most cost effective and safe area to live?  I'm looking more at Lambeth as it is in the middle of the three.

I would like to know cost of apartments.  My boyfriend and I would prefer not to share accomodation with strangers.  I would like to also know what these areas have to offer in terms of life style (nightlife, restaurants, etc.)

Any help would be great! Thanks!

I used to hate the thought of living in south London. I eventually moved there for a year or so and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't recommend southwark because it is quite expensive. You could live in Wandsworth. Rent in the area on average go for about 650 - 900 pounds if you look hard enough. Try gumtree, there are loads of advert on there. It will be easier as well as you are going to live with your boyfriend, so the burden could be shared.

I would recommend the Sydenham, Beckingham areas, or Croydon. Rent is relatively cheaper in these areas than the rest of London and not to far away from your workplace in the boroughs you have mentioned. Hope this helps. Good luck.