Planning a trip to Jourdan by car , in case sb would like to join

Dear All ,

i am planning a trip to Jourdan to enjoy historical places and chilly weather there , i will visit Petra , Jarsh,Dead sea, a2aba and some museums.

i made a draft plan and got it will need at least 4 nights that mean we can take two days off with the week end vacation.

if anybody is interested drop me a message and i will send you the roughly excel sheet for expenses and dates expected.

i am flexible for any suggestions.

That sounds great... If I was in Riyadh, I would jump on the opportunity.

By the way, *Jordan* :)

I previously planned it when i was in Jeddah , but went only to Madaen Saleh but this time im fully motivated to hit it .

when can u go ? send me the whole route if possible.

hello Azeem , inbox me with your mail so i could send the full excel sheet with dates and estimated costs.

I uploaded the roughly plan on 4shared , so it is easier for guys to check it through the below link.
http://www.4shared.com/file/PDMtwFY3/Jordan.html

How about hitting up Beirut and Damascus also ;)

haha noway with the current events unless i wanna be sent to my country in a coffin :D

Mmmm... sounds really tempting!! would have jumped and joined without second thoughts, unluckly, schedule is very full till Mid Jan!! :sosad:

Have a blast!! :D

Hello Adnan even the dates are still not confirmed but i would love to make it in Jan, anyway i will keep you updated.

Uhu!!! now that is interesting :D

Thx Man, do keep us posted when the dates get finalized!!

Hey, Hope that you will find someone to join you soon. I thought of sharing some tips about Jordan that might help you;

•The top must see places in Jordan are Petra, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea. Jarash, Wadi Al Mojeb (open April-Oct), Aqaba respectively.

•If you have more time, Dana,Umm Quis, Ajloun, Al Mashta Palac, Ma'ain Hot water Springs, Mount Nibo and Maddaba.

•Camping in either Wadi Rum or/and Dana is something one should not miss.

•For Petra visit, be ready to WALK! ! a full day will only give you the chance to see the main monuments , so I will recommend to assign two days for the trip there.

•Jarash is 30 minutes' drive from Amman and it's a maximum 4 hours tour to see the city so I will recommend to arrange to continue the trip to see Ajloun(Al Rabad Castle ) which is another 30 minutes' drive from Jarash and its an hour tour to see the place.

•Dead see is a fun and a different experience, but don't expect that you will spend the whole day swimming since it's not an easy swim and can get tiring. (Don't shave that day or the day before).

•When in Amman, don't miss to walking at Rainbow street and enjoying a drink/meal in one of the nice places there. Recommended places include, Wild Jordan cafe, Turtle Green cafe, Strada Café, Books@Cafe, Muffin House and Sofra Restaurant.

•Unfortunately, expect to pay Europe prices when in Jordan.

•It's a good idea to rent a car to drive around the country.

•When driving from Aqaba to Dead Sea or Amman, its nicer to take the Kings Road (Wadi Araba-Dead Sea-Amman) than taking the Desert Highway.

•It doesn't really matter to change yours Saudi Riyals to Jordanian Dinars either here or in Amman, the rates are almost the same (in Amman its slightly better) .

•RSCN organize Eco-friendly tours / reservations .

•Again unfortunately, there are no real museums in Jordan , the only one that I would recommend is the Kids Museum (age 4-14)  and if one into cars then the royal Cars Museum.

Ok,,, long post…I will shut up

Trapezius wrote:

How about hitting up Beirut and Damascus also ;)

:dumbom:

ahmadag has given you very good advice!  I would add:

•The top must see places in Jordan are Petra, Wadi Rum, Dead Sea. Jarash, Wadi Al Mojeb (open April-Oct), Aqaba respectively.

YES!  It's almost a straight drive, south to north, and each place offers something so different!  It's amazing how small Jordan is and how much there is to see and do, as opposed to how large KSA is with so little by comparison.

•Camping in either Wadi Rum or/and Dana is something one should not miss.

If you don't have the equipment with you, there are many bedouin camps catering to tourists and travelers.

•For Petra visit, be ready to WALK! ! a full day will only give you the chance to see the main monuments , so I will recommend to assign two days for the trip there.

Absolutely go for the two days!  The pass for one day is expensive but only slightly more for two days (http://www.visitjordan.com/visitjordan_ … fault.aspx). And he's right about the walking!  It's a good time of year to go, weather-wise.

•Jarash is 30 minutes' drive from Amman and it's a maximum 4 hours tour to see the city so I will recommend to arrange to continue the trip to see Ajloun(Al Rabad Castle ) which is another 30 minutes' drive from Jarash and its an hour tour to see the place.

Jarash is well worth seeing, esp. if you like ancient ruins. It features the largest remaining site of Roman architecture in the Middle East.  There is also an old Roman Mosaic map on the floor of a church that shows the world as it was known in those days
and definitely worth a look.

•Dead see is a fun and a different experience, but don't expect that you will spend the whole day swimming since it's not an easy swim and can get tiring. (Don't shave that day or the day before).

Spot on about shaving!  I saw men (and women) really hurting from the salt on freshly shaven skin!  There are also a lot of spas around the Dead Sea and you can get mud treatments right on the beach, if you wish.  It's also a very beautiful place (I didn't expect it to be so lovely).

I can recommend several nice, very reasonably priced hotels I stayed at in Jarash and Petra (inbox me if you're interested).  My advice is to steer clear of 'old town' in Amman.  Unlike in other countries, where the old town is beautiful, interesting and quaint, the old town area in Amman is a slum.

Have fun (wish I was going--I loved my Jordan holiday)!

wow Ahmad i guess i have to add many places you mentioned to the tour especially it is close to each other .

i have the flexibility to add one more day , but it depends on guys gonna accompany me if they would like to extend, i used to travel alone and meet friends on the other side but this trip much better to have at least one companion espcially i have no friends in Jordan :(

yes i hear it is expensive at Jordan but i wont be long there plus since i saw Madaen Saleh and i am so thrilled to see Petra .

i think i will amend the program and will c guys ready to blast with me.

again many thanks for  the tips

would like to c u
salam

Allicat thanks for stopping by and for the cool tips , yes i will be happy if you could share the hotels places.

And i think i have to add one more day to the schedule , as long as it is a holiday i have to c everything especially i am into old stuff

thanks Allicat and sure i will share some pics here for you to remind you with your nice memories there.

Thanks all.