Good Schools in Brussels

Hi,
We are a couple of expats living in Uccle and with plans to stay here for a long time (my wife is a EU civil servant).
We have a 7 months old baby and next year we will have to start thinking about  and School. Our son will most probably live and study in Belgium during all his student life.
Our son could go to the European (EU) School in Uccle but we have heard some not too encouraging things about it (teachers are not that good and kids with money that may not always behave too well)plus we would like to prepare him for a Belgian University.
Therefore the question is:
1. Would you recommend us a local Belgian School (ideally in Uccle) instead of the European (EU) School in Uccle?
2. If so, what Belgian Schools in Uccle are good? (We are open to Flemish immersion schools too)
We are quite ignorant about the Belgian School system and the fact that there are no rankings in this country does not help us much.
Thanks very much!

I would advice that you check Decroly near the Bois de La Cambre.  It is a private school but as you may know Belgian private schools are heavily subsidized by the State.  My nieces and nephews have attended the school and are now very successful in their profession. They were well prepared for their studies. The curriculum and approach to teaching encourage hands on and the child's creativity. It is worth a visit. You have a few more years!
Best and good luck!
Martine

decroly is not private in uk or americsn sense. it s not subsidized by the state either. it instead funded by the french community like  all other french public schools, with smsll top up fees paid via the parents association.

go look at your nearest schools and dont chase a name. there are 5 schools like decroly in uccle / forest, see them if you live near them.

Here is a map of nearly all public schools in Brussels region, only the ones opened in the last year are missing, none in Uccle like that.
https://batchgeo.com/map/1f1bf2b3b6e4ad … a57d56a826