Cost of living in barcelona

Hi guys,
I have been offered a job in barca and have been trying to search for realistic spenditure per month for  a single person, one bedroom appartment close to centre, utility etc etc. Can someone give me an indication?

Cheers:)

Hi
1 bedroom apart close to the city will be around 500.00 a month all inclusive around 600.00. The supermarkets here are normal. It really does depend on where you live. Do you know Barcelona very well.? What is your type of work?  Teresa

HI Tess,
How long you been living there?
No, I dont....yet;) i have only been there once. The job is a senior finance position.
The rent bit doesnt sound actually too bad, am surprised! I qould maybe rather live somewhere quite close to the centre or a metro station so its easy to access all places.

I am in discussion about the salary, but what I have seen the average salaries are lower. But then again its all reletive..i think what i know, barcelona would be fantastic place to live:)I better start learning salsa ha ha

Hi,

regarding the price of the flat it will depend mostly on the location and if it is furnished or unfurnished. In the city center you can get a studio or 1 bedroom flat for around 450-600 (by center I mean Born, Gotico, Barceloneta, Poble Sec, parts of Eixample). We work with expats moving to Barcelona and maybe a month ago we had a girl from Sweden who found a flat (1 bedroom flat) in Barceloneta for 500 Euros - furnished. It will depend mostly on your preferences. Usually for this price you can get something bigger, but it will be more far away from the city center (so also depends where your office is :), if you have to use metro to get to work etc). Keep in mind that the utilities  - gas, water, electricity,internet are paid separately and will be around 60-100 Euros per month for a single person. For the cost of living you could check here so you can get some idea of the prices in Barcelona [link moderated]

Hope the info is useful and I am sure you will enjoy living in Barcelona :)

Hi

I was living in Sitges for 10 years and now in Barcelona 2 years. I know Barcelona very well as Sitges is just 30 mins away and I have always worked in Barcelona.
The salaries here are much lower than at home (London)
Barcelona is very small, more like a big Town than a big City. So you can live mostly anyway.
I live by Sagrada Familia as it is quieter than in town and a nice neighbourhood. So it depends if you want to be with a lot of english speaking people

The Borne - A lot of English speaking, very busy in the summer. A nice location for dinner but nice to get out. Also the apartments are small and many donŽt have lifts and you have to walk up 4 flights of stairs!!!

Barcelonetta - this is quite an english speaking community, but I find it a little out the way. It is by the beach which is nice, although chaotic in the summer months. apartments very small but cheap.

Gracia - quite hippy, nice apartments, quite cheap and big.

Where I am - not so cheap but bigger apartments and not so busy if you get away from the Sagrada.

Rambla Cataluña - my wish place to live!! apartments will be around 1200 a month for 2 bedroom. If you can afford it, do it.

Let me know if I can be of any other help, I am here all year.

Teresa

Hello! I also have just been offered a job outside of Barcelona but I plan to live in the city.