Planning to work as Science Teacher. HELP!!

Hi everyone!

I am currently in the process of applying for a science teaching post at Tri Tunggal Christian School (SMA Kristen Tri Tunggal) at Semarang, Java. For the next interview they expect me to have a rough estimate of my expected salary but after some searching online, I still don't have any idea. Can someone give me an idea. What is the minimum salary I should expect? Plus benefits like housing or health insurance. And anyone from around the area, I'd love to hear tidbits about the place.

Thank you!

Depends on your situation.
A new, but fully qualified, teacher should be on no less than 20 million/month.
More in Jakarta.
Make sure they offer the work permit and KITAS.
I'll try tp offer a better answer when I'm on a computer.

Also, research the school

http://seputarsemarang.com/sekolah-kris … ggal-2710/

You may be unaware, as it's very different here to most western countries, A Christian school is really Christian so your behaviour will have to suit their moral values if you want to work there.

Thank you mas fred!

Isn't a requirement for employers to pay for health insurances? And no worries about it being a Christian school, I'm a devout Catholic.

cassiewanders wrote:

Thank you mas fred!

Isn't a requirement for employers to pay for health insurances? And no worries about it being a Christian school, I'm a devout Catholic.

Catholic and Christian (C of E) are very different and separate over here; more so than in western countries (Maybe not Ireland).
This school is Christian.

They commonly pay for insurance but they don't have to.
They do have to supply a work permit, visa (KITAP) and an air ticket home.

So work permit, visa and return ticket. That's great! I'll take note of that.

I guess it depends on the whole package that their giving me rather than the salary alone. :)